Issue 77 in memory-sanitizer: Get rid of getCleanOrigin()

memory-s...@googlecode.com

Nov 28, 2014, 5:15:53 AM11/28/14
to memory-s...@googlegroups.com
Owner: euge...@google.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 77 by euge...@google.com: Get rid of getCleanOrigin()
https://code.google.com/p/memory-sanitizer/issues/detail?id=77

There is no such thing as a "clean origin".
This was a temporary thing useful when not all instructions supported
origin propagation. Now it just hides bugs.

issue notifications to this address.

memory-s...@googlecode.com

Dec 1, 2014, 5:10:13 AM12/1/14
to memory-s...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 77 by euge...@google.com: Get rid of getCleanOrigin()
https://code.google.com/p/memory-sanitizer/issues/detail?id=77

Can't really remove getCleanOrigin() because we need something for
constants and such (ex. in phi nodes where some of the incoming edges bring
a fully initialized value).

r222997 makes sure that all non-constants have origin set explicitly and
removes 2 more cases where we relied on the implicit 0 origin behavior.