moving to new PC

Les Higham

Jan 22, 2023, 5:47:17 AM1/22/23
to mementodatabase
anybody know if I can maintain group and libraries structure when installing MD on a new PC?

thanks

Bill Crews

Jan 22, 2023, 9:09:55 AM1/22/23
to Les Higham, mementodatabase
The last time I checked, groups are defined on a device by device basis, so I've always had to create new groups and move libraries one by one to new groups (no multi-select). Worse still, when you say to move a library to a new group, it leaves you in the new group, so you have to switch back to My Libraries for every library. I've complained about it for years, but no about-level groups, unless I missed something.

On Sun, Jan 22, 2023, 5:47 AM Les Higham <lesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
anybody know if I can maintain group and libraries structure when installing MD on a new PC?

thanks

Les Higham

Jan 25, 2023, 2:17:35 PM1/25/23
to mementodatabase
Hi Bill, yes its very clunky I agree, i've just migrated to w11/new pc and it has kept all the groups and librarys in the groups, I just have to click to download so that saves me alot of messing about!

Bill Crews

Jan 25, 2023, 6:08:05 PM1/25/23
to Les Higham, mementodatabase
Recent! That's a lot easier.