Memento Desktop Beta 1.3.0 - Reports, Print, PDF

admin

Mar 6, 2018, 9:48:22 AM3/6/18
to memento...@googlegroups.com

Please welcome the new Memento Database desktop beta version, containing reports creating feature. Something that we all have been waiting for :)  More detailed documentation will be ready soon.

You can download the Desktop app from the following URLs:

Win64: http://mementodatabase.com/download/mementodb-1.3.0-win64.exe

Win32: http://mementodatabase.com/download/mementodb-1.3.0-win.exe

Java: http://mementodatabase.com/download/mementodb-1.3.0-jar.zip

There are now 3 types of reports possible for creation:

  • The table report. Data is shown in a tableview, the fields shown, grouping and aggregation can be chosen manually;

  • The form report. Printing the record card, when each card is printed on a separate sheet;

  • The custom report. The most adjustable and a bit sophisticated. The template needed is created in a separate application, which is called Jaspersoft Studio. It will be just right for the advanced users or the people familiar with Jaspersoft Studio.

Creating reports with Jaspersoft Studio:

0. Download and install Jaspersoft Studio

  1. Create a new report. Choose Data Adapter- One Empty Record as the Data source.There is no suitable data source for Memento for the time being, you won't get the list of fields or the preview data.

  2. Create fields with the same names as in Memento. Jaspersoft Studio displays report’s fields as children of the Fields node in the document outline view. To create a field, right-click the Fields node and select Create Field. On the field properties tab, select the appropriate field class for the field type in Memento. See the table on the wiki: http://wiki.mementodatabase.com/index.php/JaspersoftStudio

  3. Move the fields to the report area - Detail.

  4. Save the template in a jrxml file

  5. Choose this jrxml file when creating the Jasper report in Memento.

Download JasperSoft Studio: https://community.jaspersoft.com/project/jaspersoft-studio/releases

JasperSoft Studio work documentation:  https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v60/getting-started-jaspersoft-studio

Best regards,

The Memento team

Message has been deleted

TecnoAdobe MX

Mar 9, 2018, 7:30:02 PM3/9/18
to mementodatabase
I already found how to make the reports, sorry

Bill Crews

Mar 9, 2018, 9:56:46 PM3/9/18
to TecnoAdobe MX, mementodatabase
On the bar at the top and middle of the screen, there is now a printer icon. Press it to get things started.

I'll be adding wiki pages once I've had a chance to get to know Jaspersoft Studio better.

John C

Mar 11, 2018, 4:20:15 PM3/11/18
to mementodatabase
oh how wonderful. thank you.

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 9:48:22 AM UTC-5, admin wrote:

Please welcome the new Memento Database desktop beta version, containing reports creating feature. Something that we all have been waiting for :)  More detailed documentation will be ready soon.

You can download the Desktop app from the following URLs:

John C

Mar 11, 2018, 5:36:31 PM3/11/18
to mementodatabase

This works absolutely beautiful for me right now. My boss is going to be happy with his new report.

1) After choosing the fields there needs to be a way to move them up or down. One mistake and you must select them all over
2)  I noticed on the mouse hover it says, report/export but there doesn't seem to be an export option.

I know this is a beta just thought I'd throw out some observations.

I also know Bill isn't responsible for this but I just thought he'd want to know.

Bill Crews

Mar 11, 2018, 7:04:12 PM3/11/18
to John Cesta, mementodatabase
I may be on my own to write wiki pages for this. In addition to my own experience playing with it, I'll have the Jaspersoft docs to use, but other than that, any input I can get from this forum would be useful.

John C

Mar 13, 2018, 1:35:15 PM3/13/18
to mementodatabase
I don't want to go thru the process with the jasper software download but does anyone know what the cost is? I'm just a one man show so I would never need a server based option.

Bill Crews

Mar 13, 2018, 1:39:30 PM3/13/18
to John Cesta, mementodatabase
The software is free. The only thing server-based about it that I know of is that it works on the Memento desktop edition only, so you need to be able to operate in that environment, which is integral to the Memento Cloud.

Dave Run

Mar 14, 2018, 9:18:08 PM3/14/18
to mementodatabase

Thank you,

  This is great news, I have managed to get my own custom Jasper Reports working, once you figure out the layout its fairly easy, 100% customizable!!  Just have not figured out how to get an image field to display, Idea?

DH

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 7:48:22 AM UTC-7, admin wrote:

Please welcome the new Memento Database desktop beta version, containing reports creating feature. Something that we all have been waiting for :)  More detailed documentation will be ready soon.

You can download the Desktop app from the following URLs:

Idan Elingold

Mar 15, 2018, 9:44:23 AM3/15/18
to mementodatabase
What else is new in 1.3.0? for the pepole who are not in the beta testers.

IVAN VERACRUZ

Mar 16, 2018, 12:23:09 PM3/16/18
to mementodatabase
good afternoon,

I have only tried to print on the table report and forms report.
My question is the following:
In the fields barcode and qrcode, you can print the image of the barcode or qr and not print the text that contains the code.
for daily use it is very important, just as it is very practical to be able to search by reading the barcode is equally important to be able to print it to read it.

The photographs if included to print them.

a greeting

Ivan

John C

Mar 19, 2018, 9:17:32 AM3/19/18
to mementodatabase
Today I eas testing out the reports. I have about 25 records in my pseudo journal. When I used a table report the images came out as thumbnails.

So I tried a forms report with one record. The image came out ok. So I tried the entire range of records. I got this message.

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 9:48:22 AM UTC-5, admin wrote:

Please welcome the new Memento Database desktop beta version, containing reports creating feature. Something that we all have been waiting for :)  More detailed documentation will be ready soon.

You can download the Desktop app from the following URLs:

jasper template.png
jasper report message.png

Bill Crews

Mar 19, 2018, 9:28:04 AM3/19/18
to John Cesta, mementodatabase
Well, I don't know much, but I know that, in general when talking about dynamic programming languages, GC means the "Garbage Collector". This is analogous to the Heap in older programming languages.

Bottom line, I think the default installation of Java on your platformneeds to have a setting tweaked that extends the resources given to the garbage collector. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that. I would start skulking around within the installation to find an XML or other text file or something with some kind of settings, properties, parameters, or configuration  name.

John C

Mar 19, 2018, 10:24:56 AM3/19/18
to mementodatabase
Now when I try to print a forms report of my 8 guitar guitar collection I get this:

John C

Mar 19, 2018, 1:10:18 PM3/19/18
to mementodatabase

I am just throwing these things up in order to assist as a beta tester.

admin

Mar 19, 2018, 3:54:04 PM3/19/18
to mementodatabase
Hello, John!

Thank you for the bug reports, I will try to fix it.

Cor Burger

Mar 24, 2018, 6:58:32 AM3/24/18
to mementodatabase

When creating a report, i see to many decimals. Can I changes the format?

Op dinsdag 6 maart 2018 15:48:22 UTC+1 schreef admin:

Please welcome the new Memento Database desktop beta version, containing reports creating feature. Something that we all have been waiting for :)  More detailed documentation will be ready soon.

You can download the Desktop app from the following URLs:

Mementoreport.JPG

John C

Mar 24, 2018, 8:09:36 AM3/24/18
to mementodatabase
I get that too. Can't figure it out. Something to do with some other fields being summed up having decimal places.

The other thing about the design of the report is that there is a need to be able to move the report fields up and down after selecting them. Or we have to remove them all and start over again.

Cor Burger

Mar 25, 2018, 10:10:56 AM3/25/18
to mementodatabase
I solved it with a calculation, there I used the function "round". Example:
round (# {total pieces} / # {pieces per m2} * 100) / 100.
In this way you get 2 decimals.

John C

Mar 25, 2018, 2:03:26 PM3/25/18
to mementodatabase
GOOD ONE! Worked perfect. Thanks!

andrea Cocchi

Mar 29, 2018, 12:35:21 PM3/29/18
to mementodatabase
can I change field name?

Il giorno martedì 6 marzo 2018 15:48:22 UTC+1, admin ha scritto:

Please welcome the new Memento Database desktop beta version, containing reports creating feature. Something that we all have been waiting for :)  More detailed documentation will be ready soon.

You can download the Desktop app from the following URLs:

John C

Mar 30, 2018, 8:26:10 AM3/30/18
to mementodatabase
Try.

admin

Mar 30, 2018, 5:06:59 PM3/30/18
to mementodatabase
Hello!

1.3.0 Release Candidate 1 available for testing.

Changelog:
  • Increased speed of loading libraries with script fields.
  • The RichText fields are properly displayed in the reports.
  • Sign in with Google.
  • Added ability to order fields in the reports.

Cor Burger

Apr 2, 2018, 5:47:30 AM4/2/18
to mementodatabase
In the aggregation Sum in a report I still have to many decimals. How can I control this?

Op dinsdag 6 maart 2018 15:48:22 UTC+1 schreef admin:

Please welcome the new Memento Database desktop beta version, containing reports creating feature. Something that we all have been waiting for :)  More detailed documentation will be ready soon.

Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel2.JPG

Rogério Penna

Apr 4, 2018, 12:42:32 AM4/4/18
to mementodatabase

Hello. I downloaded the MementoDB desktop version. But I can´t get past install.

On my Notebook, when the login screen appeared, the computer got extremelly slow, like, impossible to use.

Tried on my desktop PC. At Login Screen, I create a new user, but then, it stays forever trying to create a new user... left it ten minutes trying to create a new user but it seemed to never be able to contact the home site.

KK Fashion Exports

Apr 5, 2018, 6:05:00 AM4/5/18
to mementodatabase
After some efforts I figured out how we can put data in tables in Jasper report.
Actually in Jasper tables use separate datasets.

In table Dataset add new Parameter for each field you want inside table.
Then in main report click on table and in dataset property go to parameters and assign these parameters value of fields in your main dataset.
Then set value of table rows as $P{Parameter name}

Hope this Helps!

KK Fashion Exports

Apr 5, 2018, 6:06:53 AM4/5/18
to mementodatabase
Is there any possibility to have Jasper Reports functionality in Mobile app coming up anytime soon ?
Kindly let us know

Bill Crews

Apr 5, 2018, 10:25:48 AM4/5/18
to KK Fashion Exports, mementodatabase
Excellent tip! Thanks from all of us, I think. Certainly from me.

admin

Apr 7, 2018, 7:15:53 AM4/7/18
to mementodatabase
Hello everyone!

Version 1.3.0 moved to production!

admin

Apr 7, 2018, 7:16:49 AM4/7/18
to memento...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, the Mobile app won't support reports in the near future.

admin

Apr 7, 2018, 7:32:51 AM4/7/18
to mementodatabase
Sorry, I meant "Mobile app".

Aaron Dahl

Nov 23, 2018, 8:45:46 PM11/23/18
to mementodatabase
Howdy all!

Now that I've got a (mostly) functional application with a couple users entering data. I need a more streamlined way of generating reports.

Currently, I have several report templates set up in Google Sheets. When we need to produce a report, I sync the data to Google Sheets from my phone, then I fiddle around with the report sheet in Google Sheets, then I finally print to *.pdf (usually for someone else to send out). This process if cumbersome, so I was pleased to learn of this reporting functionality in Memento Database. After fiddling around a bit with the standard Forms Report and Table Report templates, there's just not enough customization here, so I've now downloaded the Jaspersoft Studio. Dismayed by an application that is clearly beyond my skill level, this is clearly a capable program - one I am confident provides the features and capabilities I need to replace this clumsy Google Sheets process.

Currently, I have two hurdles I can't seem to resolve:

1. The relationship of my libraries is a parent-child type. I need select one Report to print, within each report are many Activity Items (sub entries of this particular report), there is actually an option in the MDB print option for "linked tables", but I cannot seem to create a similar sub-level entry in Jasper.

Capture.JPG

I have tried creating a field #{Report ID.Activity Title} similar to a calculation field, but this is not working, and I'm just stabbing in the dark here.

2. The records in my Activities library include photos from project sites and I need to produce these images within the report template, but I see no such Class option in Jasper (i.e. java.lang.Image) format for image.

Capture2.JPG

There are some YouTube videos on the Jaspersoft Studio that I am beginning to watch, but much of the direction is not relative to what we need to do for MDB. It's certainly a bit difficult since I cannot use the preview page of Jaspersoft. Anyone who has a good source for creating more advanced report functions using Jaspersoft as it would relate to Memento Database would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

/ad

Aaron Dahl

Nov 29, 2018, 9:39:57 AM11/29/18
to mementodatabase
For others looking for information on the Jasper Reports and preparing reports that contain images as part of the data set, I have learned the following:

1. Jaspersoft Studio is a free software (look for Community Edition), the free application is available here: https://community.jaspersoft.com/project/jaspersoft-studio/releases
2. The images field have to be treated as an ArrayList because MDB permits more than one image in the field, use "java.util.ArrayList" as your java class. (thanks Vasya)
3. When inserting image you need to use the field code: $F{Image_Field_Name}.get(0) this will result in the first image in the field (if you have more than one, use get(1) for second, get(2) for third..)

This Jaspersoft Studio is robust but fairly easy to figure out and permits complete customization for reporting purposes directly from Memento Database. Only time will tell what we're going to be able to produce here.

Cheers!

A.R. Jamal

May 5, 2019, 4:51:42 AM5/5/19
to mementodatabase
Hello, were you able to figure it out as to how to make a subreport of a linked fields?

Any help is highly appreciated, Thank you!

A.R. Jamal

May 5, 2019, 4:56:20 AM5/5/19
to mementodatabase
Hello, Can I get some sample file? I think that's what I want to do.

Any advice is highly appreciated, Thank you!

A.R. Jamal

Jun 1, 2019, 11:33:10 AM6/1/19
to mementodatabase
Hello, How can I make a field which has a relationship with some other library in Jasper?

Waiting for the reply as I want to create a report but unable to add fields with relationship.

Thanks.

serge pecher

Jun 7, 2019, 11:10:48 AM6/7/19
to mementodatabase
Hello,
Already more info about this topic? Jasper reports looks very promising, but without any help, can't figure out how to use it...

Thanks to all

Serge

RulliDB

Jan 9, 2021, 3:21:13 PM1/9/21
to mementodatabase
Did you manage to find a solution for linked entries with Jasper?
I would like to have a table with the sublibrary connected to the main library (an invoce with articles).

Is that possibile?

Bill Crews

Jan 9, 2021, 4:28:26 PM1/9/21
to RulliDB, mementodatabase
I have very little experience with the desktop edition of Memento and zero experience with JasperSoft Reports, which is why I haven't responded. I truly have no idea.

I can't speak for others who may have this experience and why they are not responding to your messages.

Alessandro Evangelista

Jan 9, 2021, 8:18:34 PM1/9/21
to Bill Crews, mementodatabase
Thank you for the answer Bill. So you don't do report? Or you use Google Docs template? In this case i were able to create a table of linked entries, but not the attributes of the linked entries, how to di that?

Bill Crews

Jan 10, 2021, 2:12:41 AM1/10/21
to Alessandro Evangelista, mementodatabase
I don't understand the question. I have used JasperSoft only a couple of times, just to check it out. I know very little.

By Google Docs template, I guess you mean to get reports by linking a report library in report format to my database and exporting or syncing that to Google Docs? I've done more of that than JasperSoft, but to be honest, still very little. I just use entry view/edit and the list & card views for everything. My needs are immediate, and I'm the only user/viewer of my data, though sometimes I'll export to a sheet to show some of what's in my database to my doctor or lawyer or contractor or someone like that.

As for link attributes, here's my wiki page for those from a few years ago. It's about all I know about them...

Alessandro Evangelista

Jan 10, 2021, 5:24:29 AM1/10/21
to Bill Crews, mementodatabase
Thank you si much for your work, i see that you did with passion and is very valuable.

Unfortunately this is not helping for my case. I would like to create pdf (invoice) out of entries of sales, in each sale there are different products that are linked entries with attributes (like quantity or color).

I know that this is possible with a jasper template like giving the same name of the variables, but for linked entries doesn't work the sintax with the dot.

May I ask you were I can find some documentation? It's incredible that such a software doesn't provide an help or some detailed information.

Bill Crews

Jan 10, 2021, 11:10:22 AM1/10/21
to Alessandro Evangelista, mementodatabase
I'm sorry I have no knowledge of JasperSoft.

As for accessing link attributes from a JavaScript or Calculation field, I've never heard from anyone that the wiki page is in error.

Please export your libraries to a template file attached to your reply. This can be done with a single export if you check the box to include linked libraries in the template. I suggest checking all boxes, but at least that one. In the mobile edition of Memento, you get to library export in the Edit Library screen's right-side menu at the top. I don't know how to do it on a PC.

If that doesn't work for some reason, you could send me links to each of your linked libraries, but the template would work better. If you don't want to send your real invoice data, just check the box in the export for structure only, not the one to include data.

It's more trouble for me, but if the above is not possible or if you don't want to do that, I mainly need to know...
1. how you link your libraries -- from the invoice to the items or from the items to the invoice.
2. the definition of your link attributes within the Link to Entry field edit card within your Edit Library screen, including the attribute definitions.
3. the script you're trying to use to access the attributes, particularly the line or lines that specifically reference the attributes. I use JavaScript, but if you insist to use a Calculation field, I'll do my best to solve the problem, though I never use Calculation fields myself.

With your libraries and any luck, I can recreate your problem on my device, experience the errors, and determine a solution for you.

Alessandro Evangelista

Jan 10, 2021, 3:23:08 PM1/10/21
to Bill Crews, mementodatabase
Hi Bill,
Your are very kind! Thank you :)

I emailed the support of memento, and I discovered that linked entries can’t be added with Jasper. They told me that in the next release this will be fixed (the said 2-3 month by now).

So for sure it can’t be done with JasperSoft… But with Google Docs Template it can be done, but I didn’t see the way to insert the attributes in the Table of linked fields (here the doc: https://help.mementodatabase.com/?ht_kb=copying-to-google-docs).

Bill Crews

Jan 10, 2021, 8:09:40 PM1/10/21
to Alessandro Evangelista, mementodatabase
I never investigated Google Dogs templates for Memento. Thank you for introducing them to me. I'll check them out further.