Request for some answers

MR. A.S.

Jul 28, 2022, 3:40:48 PMJul 28
to mementodatabase
http://libs.mobi/s/HZgeiyDbF
Here is my sample Library .
1. How can I Automatically enter the value of last or previous "Due" of a Specific Name in the "Previous Due" field during data entry ?
2. Is there any way to set or replace all the previous value of "Due" field with "0" for a Specific Name if the Last entered value of "Due" field is "0" for that specific Name
3. How can I find the previous or last transaction details of a Specific Name using JavaScript ?

Please help me if anyone knows the answer.

Er Mo

Jul 28, 2022, 4:08:39 PMJul 28
to mementodatabase
`Hallo
Das ist alles Machbar . Es ist nur eine Frage nach der Sinnhaftikeit ( Struktur der Biblioteken ) . Mit wievielen Namen rechnest du . Bleibt es bei den 6 Namen oder werden es viel mehr . Kann ein Name 2 Mal vorkommen . Ich würde die Vorschlagen die Namen in eine Eigene Bibliothek zu legen und sie nur zu Verlinken . Sollen die Daten von Vorigen Eintrag auch angezeigt werden oder nur eingetragen ?

`Hello
That's all possible. It's just a question of meaningfulness (structure of the libraries). How many names do you reckon with . Will it stay with the 6 names or will there be many more. Can a name appear twice . I would suggest putting the names in a custom library and just linking them. Should the data from the previous entry also be displayed or only entered?

Ernst

Bill Crews

Jul 28, 2022, 4:40:32 PMJul 28
to MR. A.S., mementodatabase
What occurs to me is...

1. How can I Automatically enter the value of last or previous "Due" of a Specific Name in the "Previous Due" field during data entry ?

Define "Specific Name". Would you enter it as a parameter and have a script look it up or what? Execute where?... From the list? From the entry view card?

2. Is there any way to set or replace all the previous value of "Due" field with "0" for a Specific Name if the Last entered value of "Due" field is "0" for that specific Name ?

In a script, if you want to do the equivalent of Clear for a Date, you'd set the value of the field to null. A script could clear only those dates earlier than a Date you enter our that it would get from the current entry, if executed from the entry view card.

3. How can I find the previous or last transaction details of a Specific Name using JavaScript ?

Again, execute from where? And enter the name as a parameter (argument) or some other way?

MR. A.S.

Jul 29, 2022, 2:23:36 AMJul 29
to mementodatabase

@ernst...
  Sir, Thank you very much at first for your previous example about newly introduced "Button" field. I have learned many things from it.

Now come into the topic.There will be many more Names. A Name will appear multiple times. The data from the previous entry also be displayed.

I don't know Memento Database very well. Recently I have started to learn about Memento with some examples from Memento Wiki and specially from this User's Group . So, can't understand what to do. It will be better if anyone modify this Library sothat I can understand it with an Example.
Please modify it if it is possible to anyone.
Library : http://libs.mobi/s/HZgeiyDbF
      Thanks

Bill Crews

Jul 29, 2022, 3:26:59 AMJul 29
to MR. A.S., mementodatabase
OK, but to do that, the scripter will have to know much more about your needs & the structural information to be used.

This library is clearly used for billing, mainly collection? So there's are clients (services) or customers (products). Which is it, or is it both?

Is there a Clients or Customers library? Is a link to it the entry name of your library, along with service or purchase date? Do you have a Services or Products library? For each link, is it single or multiple?

This library seems like Statements to me as opposed to invoices. Do you want an Invoices library? If so, then probably also a Line Items library?

Answers to these questions will provide a good start, assuming someone will take you up on it. I'm afraid I can't do this kind of work any more, so I'll have to just wish you luck and provide you advice if I'm asked for it.

Er Mo

Jul 30, 2022, 1:39:21 PMJul 30
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Die von Dir eingestellte Bibliothek kann niemand außer dir ändern . Um daran Änderungen zu machen muss man dies Kopieren und somit ist es nicht mehr deine Bibliothek die du sihst . Zu deinen Problem . Erstelle eine 2 Bibliothek mit den Namen " Kunde " Oder " Namen " . In diese Schreibst du den Namen der Person und alle Daten für diese Person . In deine schon vorhandene Bibliothek ersetz du das Feld " Name " mit einen Feldtyp " Link to entry " . In diese Feldtyp wählst du die Namen Bibliothek aus . So hast du alle Namen immer zur verföhgung . Teste das Mal.

Hi
No one but you can change the library you set. To make changes to it you have to copy it and so it's no longer your library you're looking at. to your problem. Create a 2 library named "customer" or "names". In this you write the name of the person and all data for this person. In your already existing library you replace the field "Name" with a field type "Link to entry". In this field type you select the name library. So you always have all names available. test the mark

Ernst

MR. A.S.

Jul 31, 2022, 3:42:43 PMJul 31
to mementodatabase
Sir, I have tried it. But I didn't get my All answers from here.

Sir, I have an Idea to do it. But I don't know the the script to do it. Perhaps it will work if there is any script for it.
1. First we have to 'Filter' the Library using the 'Text Value' , entered in the 'Name' field .

2.After that we have to find the Maximum Date from the 'filtered' Data.

3.Then we will get an Entry. From this entry we have to take the value from the required Field [ here 'DUE' field ] and set this value into the Targeted Field [ here ' Previous Due'].

4. We can put the script under the newly introduced "Button Field". It will automatically enter the Data in the Targeted field after clicking on the "button" in the entry/edit card.

Please tell me if there is any script to do it.
   Thanks

MR. A.S.

Aug 3, 2022, 3:45:40 PMAug 3
to mementodatabase

Is there any Script to Access/Find  the Data of the first/last entry of the library after Filter by 'Name' and Sort by 'Date' ?
Thanks

Bill Crews

Aug 3, 2022, 4:55:55 PMAug 3
to MR. A.S., mementodatabase
Well, the sorts & filters of the user interface have no effect on the data itself; they arrange it for viewing. Scripts go from the data itself.

But you can implement a sort or filter of your own in the code of a script, though you'll have to open every entry to do it. The question is what to do with the result. If the result is one entry, that's one thing, and if it's multiple entries, it's another thing. You could create another library containing a filtered subset of the entries in the original library. If you want a value of a specific field to be totaled or averaged, where would you put the result?

Something to think about.