How do I Sort

Wayne Wilson

Dec 4, 2016, 7:55:13 PM12/4/16
to mementodatabase
New Huawei P92 lite Android 6.  Can't sort as I could on my Samsung Galaxy J2.  Running a library book database with only Author and Titles.  Works great the Samsung but can't sort on the Huawei.

Bill Crews

Dec 4, 2016, 10:48:27 PM12/4/16
to mementodatabase
You clearly know how to do it, since you did it before. If the same thing isn't working on your new device, maybe you could tell us what doesn't work, how it doesn't work, how it looks different or whatever. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Bill Crews

Dec 4, 2016, 11:03:15 PM12/4/16
to mementodatabase
Start Memento, open a library, so you're looking at the list of entries. Depending on your device size, you may or may not see a menu at the right edge of the screen. Either way, pull (drag, swipe) from the right edge to the center of the screen to view the full right-side menu. Near the top (maybe the third item), you'll see Sort as an option.

If you want to sort by one field, choose it and choose whether you want low values at the top (Ascending) or high values at the top (Descending), and you're done.

If you want to sort by one field and within that by another field, first turn on Sort by multiple fields. Then choose the first field and its order, then the second and its order, and so on.