Access Control

Jan 1, 2018, 1:59:35 PM1/1/18
to mementodatabase
Evening,

I have built a database for us which servicing and maintaining customers electric gates.

Within the data base there is information I would like the customer to have access to view work done. risk assessments etc.

Is there a way of sharing each entry, individually to each customer?

Cheers

Mark

Bill Crews

Jan 2, 2018, 11:33:50 AM1/2/18
to mementodatabase
Not easily. You can use filtration to share your database with people whose entries lists will filter on who they are, but that won't keep them from changing the filters to see all the entries.

A better way involves a script. I don't think there is already such a script in the wiki. It seems like a perfect candidate for inclusion, so I'll add it to the wiki soon. The script will copy selected entries to another library, which you can share with others. I'll notify this thread when I add it.

Maurice

Jan 2, 2018, 5:51:41 PM1/2/18
to mementodatabase
I too would be interested in a limited sharing function.
Over 10 years I have created a cocktail database for use at the bar.
However the list of drinks available each evening is always limited to a smaller 'menu selection' for guests to choose from.
The tablet pc at the bar has the full list with 'menu' as a search field which will pull up the selected drinks for that evening, sorted to appear in A-Z order above the 'not on menu' drinks
Further devices available for guests need only to show the limited 'menu' list only.
I look forward to further developments on this great app.

Tony G

Jan 27, 2018, 10:26:52 PM1/27/18
to mementodatabase
I've added a note in the wiki to ping back here when a sample is created.
I believe this will essentially do a find(query), with the resulting array of entries (probably) getting saved into a new library that's cleared and refreshed for the purpose.