Serial number on a field

Michel Jonas

Apr 23, 2024, 5:39:05 PMApr 23
to mementodatabase
 I have a customer list for my database, I want to automatically assign a unique serial number to each old customer and new customer.  The field prepared for the serial number is called "Serial".  I would like to have the javascript code to generate the serial number.

 NB: I would like the format for the serial numbers to be XXXX-XXXX

David Gilmore

Apr 24, 2024, 9:55:25 AMApr 24
to mementodatabase
Other than XXXX-XXXX, what is desired for the format of the serial number? A sequential number starting at 0000-0001? A random number? Or something else?

Er Mo

Apr 24, 2024, 2:30:19 PMApr 24
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Ein Skript das beim Erstellen eines Neuen Eintrags , vor den Speichern ausgefürt wirt schreibt den gewünscht Code in das Feld . Die Frage ist wie wird der Code zusammen gebaut . Aus welchen Daten ?

Hello
A script that is executed before saving when creating a new entry writes the desired code into the field. The question is how is the code put together? From which data?

Ernst