Sorting Groups on Android

Rick Altobello

Jan 27, 2023, 6:56:01 AM1/27/23
to mementodatabase
Hello all,
I use both the Android & desktop version several times daily.  On the desktop my groups are automatically sorted alphabetically but the Android groups are sorted by when they were created.  Is there an option to manually sort or sort alphabetically the groups on the Android?

Thank you
Rick

Bill Crews

Jan 27, 2023, 11:16:26 AM1/27/23
to Rick Altobello, mementodatabase
Unfortunately, no. I have renamed groups a couple of times over the years to keep the most-used ones up front, but then you have to move the libraries, which is very tedious, since there is no multi-select, and for each move, you have to switch back to the source group, since Memento takes it upon itself to leave you in the target group (Hostile. BOO!).

Er Mo

Jan 27, 2023, 2:32:42 PM1/27/23
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Ich möchte auch das man die Gruppen Verschieben kann ,. Das ist wohl ein Fall für uservoice

Hi
I would also like to be able to move the groups. This is probably a case for uservoice

Ernst

Bill Crews

Jan 27, 2023, 4:04:49 PM1/27/23
to Er Mo, mementodatabase
I've argue directly with him for years. It appears to be a lost cause.

What I argued for was account-level groups sorted either manually (my preference for drag & drop) or alphabetically. At a minimum, it should work the same across editions & platforms. That way, when you move from Android to Windows for the 1st time, as I did, you don't have to start with all libraries in My Libraries and move without multi-select one library at a time with a switch back to the source group for each library 😡 after creating new groups. Also, the world you live in is consistent across platforms & editions. This always seemed like a no-brainer do me, just as was having the default entry sort being by entry name, not creation DateTime. Hello? Duh.

Anyway, good luck to anyone who can get action, however you try to do it. You have my support on your case.