Work Totally off SD card locally and no google drive

Nick C

Jul 19, 2015, 11:38:50 AM7/19/15
to memento...@googlegroups.com
I am looking to put all my libraries locally and run my databases completely locally. What is the process to transfer all library files to sd card then point the app to the sd card.  I have a samsung Galaxy Note 3 android 4.42 and latest paid version of memento.  I no longer want to rely on google drive for data for my library incase service goes out This way I can use the dbase locally.
Thank You Nick

Peter A

Aug 31, 2015, 7:44:24 PM8/31/15
to mementodatabase
That would be a great feature,  does anyone know.
I haven't been using Memento long enough to work it out.
Regards
Peter

JohnO

Sep 1, 2015, 12:05:05 AM9/1/15
to mementodatabase
Go to settings from the main menu on the left. You will see settings for database location, image files, backup location etc. It's a good idea to keep a second copy of your backup files in another location.

Peter A

Sep 1, 2015, 5:32:08 PM9/1/15
to mementodatabase
Thank you JohnO

Sarah Alex

Sep 3, 2015, 1:02:27 AM9/3/15
to mementodatabase
HI
I was accidentally saving all the photos on my phone memory....totally filled my phone memory...

I moved the whole database to my SD card...the database opens...the data is there but it can't see the photos.

How can I get it to show the photos?

Sarah

Sarah Alex

Sep 17, 2015, 1:58:07 AM9/17/15
to mementodatabase
Before I did a factory reset, I ran the backup and copied all the files to my Laptop...

But I can't get memento to open my database!

ben zwart

Sep 21, 2015, 3:02:50 PM9/21/15
to mementodatabase
Photos are a problem in memento. Memento records the original place of the photo at the moment you put it in a picture field. Memento keeps no track of photos that are moved around to other places in your memory system, whether it is on your phone, pc, or cloud.
As soon as you move a picture you have to reload it in your picture field.

ben zwart

Sep 21, 2015, 3:08:12 PM9/21/15
to mementodatabase
Your back-up problem can only be solved by importing the original csv file.
There is no other restore possibility.