Multiple objects per field in desktop version?

DoMaRe

Dec 18, 2018, 11:07:36 PM12/18/18
to mementodatabase
I wish to create a desktop version database that allows for multiple PDF files to be attached per record.  The free Lite version does not support this.  Is it available in the Pro version?

Also, I see no place to change the file storage location in the desktop Lite version...does it exist?  if not, is it available in the Pro version?

Both these issues are make-or-break for upgrading to the Pro version.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Doris

Bill Crews

Dec 19, 2018, 12:25:01 AM12/19/18
to DoMaRe, mementodatabase
According to the wiki, in the Lite mobile edition, each Link to File field supports only one file, while the Pro mobile edition supports an unlimited number of files. I upgraded from the Lite to the Pro client so many years ago, I don't remember the one-time cost, but I don't think it was much, and it comes with some of the cloud packages, if you're using one of those.

In the Pro client, you hit the 3-line icon in the upper left corner of the entries list screen and choose Settings. The first one is File storage folder. See if you have that.

DoMaRe

Dec 19, 2018, 11:14:50 AM12/19/18
to mementodatabase
Thanks for the reply, Bill.  I have the Android Pro version, and it has the file location setting as you describe as well as the ability to add multiple files to a record.  My question relates to the Desktop version.  I need confirmation that the same functionality exists in the Desktop Pro version.

Anybody out there with the Desktop Pro that can confirm that the multiple file and file storage location exists in that version?

Thanks!

Doris

Bill Crews

Dec 19, 2018, 1:44:32 PM12/19/18
to DoMaRe, mementodatabase
Others should confirm, but I see on the Memento Pricing page that all the "Pro" cloud versions come with the Android Pro client.

John C

Jan 11, 2019, 9:22:15 PM1/11/19
to mementodatabase
Multiple files does exist. I've never used the other.