LINKED FIELDS

Dave Dewey

Sep 20, 2021, 5:07:58 AM9/20/21
to mementodatabase
Good morning all, Im not the best with databases but found this app quite nice to use and in all for me to play with maybe moving on to something more challanging..

Currently I have two libraries one named PRF the other OBS,,, essentially the PRF will contain assessment data which is ID with Surname and date of birth, the second library will contain on going observations of the individual declared in the PRF

The relationship is one to many (PRF to OBS)

1. is there a way in the creation of a new record in PRF to generate a unique ID
2. In the OBS library can a field be set to replicate the ID, SURNAME and date of birth, but derived from PRF

Thanks for any help in advance

Bill Crews

Sep 20, 2021, 9:48:30 AM9/20/21
to Dave Dewey, mementodatabase
The thread below is probably about as good as any in identifying a solution for you. Responses on StackOverflow tend to be relatively high in quality....

Er Mo

Sep 20, 2021, 1:18:40 PM9/20/21
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Der einfachste Weg Feldinhalte von Verlinkten Feldern zu bekommen sind " Berechnungsfelder " . Da ist eine Liste der verfügbaren Felder zur Auswahl . Für die ID braucht mal ein Kleines Skript an der richtigen stelle .

Hello
The easiest way to get the contents of linked fields are "calculation fields". There is a list of available fields to choose from. For the ID you need a little script in the right place.