Problem with portuguese characters (é ã ç) when exporting csv

vitor chaves

May 26, 2023, 6:23:47 PM5/26/23
to mementodatabase
Hi

I am trying to export my csv data, but all special characters commonly used in portuguese, such as "á é ê  ã ç" are coming all messed up as weird symbols

I believe the exported csv should be configures as utf-8 or some other king of codification that suits this kind of characters but I did not find any way of how to do this

any clues how can I export my csv in the good way?

thank you!

Er Mo

May 28, 2023, 3:59:14 AM5/28/23
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Mir ist auch keine Einstellung bekannt die das Machen soll . Man könne es Nachträglich Bearbeiten um es zu Koriegiren .Hast du das Problem in der Erzeugden CSV Datei oder in Memento ?

Hello
I'm also not aware of any setting that should do this. You can edit it afterwards to correct it. Do you have the problem in the CSV file you create or in Memento?

Ernst

Craig

May 28, 2023, 9:35:29 AM5/28/23
to mementodatabase
I have tested this and I cannot reproduce the problem.
cvs export files are utf-8.
Special characters are properly displayed.
Using Memento 4.13.3 on android 13.

vitor chaves

May 29, 2023, 8:07:06 AM5/29/23
to mementodatabase
Hello ! Thank for your repplies. The problem is in the csv file...looking at memento is fine, the problem is in the exported .csv file.

I am using the most recent desktop version in Windows 10 to do this export

Er Mo

May 29, 2023, 2:58:56 PM5/29/23
to mementodatabase
Hallo
In Excel ( das die CSV Datei öffnen kann ) gibt es einen Befehl der Zeichen durch andere Zeichen ersetzen kann . So müsste man das Problem lösen können .

Hello
In Excel (which can open the CSV file) there is a command that can replace characters with other characters. That should be able to solve the problem.

Ernst