Calculated fiels with dependency keeps showing

tzarinak...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 6:54:59 AM12/17/18
to mementodatabase
Hi every one.

I'm not sure this is a kind of bug or something I'm not doing properly.
the problem is the same Montgomery had some time ago in this post.

I write down his post:

Hello,
Does anyone know of a work-around or solution for a challenge I am experiencing when I do the following steps:
1. Created a calculation field with other fields as part of the expression (calculation tested and works fine)
2. Created a dependency for that calculation field and applied the same dependency for the fields included in the calculation expression
3. When inputting data into a New Entry that I do not want the calculation and related expression fields to be included, the dependency appears to function properly
4. The problem though is when viewing the Card of the Entry after completing and posting the Entry....the Field Name and '0' or blank result shows up in the Card Entry. This seems to conflict with the dependency I created.

How can I prevent all of that unnecessary blank information from showing in the Card? It's almost like I need to stop the calculation from happening until I say to do so.
Monte.

If it is just a bug I'll write the programer.

Any help will be apreciated.

By.

Bill Crews

Dec 17, 2018, 10:51:25 AM12/17/18
to tzarinak...@gmail.com, mementodatabase
I bet you did this already, but in case you didn't, see bullet #5 in the wiki page http://wiki.mementodatabase.com/index.php/How:Field_Dependencies

You have to select how you want it.

tzarinak...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2018, 11:40:24 AM12/18/18
to mementodatabase
Hi Bill, Thanks for the quick answer. Of course I readed the wiki, and of course I saw the option when I was seting up the dependency, but I'm so stupid that I understood it the opposite way 😱

I thoght if I tab the option, the dependency will only apply when editing the entry. Thus I let the option as default.

Thanks very much. I have lern not only to use memento better but to try to use my head better.............