Major bug with date transfer - data corruption

Aubrey CLM

Nov 13, 2019, 2:11:28 PM11/13/19
to mementodatabase
There remains a major bug in the import and export of dates to Google Sheets which causes serious data corruption. I reported this to the developer a year ago.

a) If one can set the date format for Import/Export to yyyyMMdd via the settings
b) This exports a Date field (not a time date field) in the format 20181019 (which is good)
c) However it does not work on import;

If one changes any data at all in the google sheet (apart from the date) it sends the correctly formatted date back to memento as 1 January 1970
not only making it impossible to edit the google sheet, but also causing massive data corruption and data loss (very bad....)

It would be great if this could be fixed, because using Google Data Studio from memento is stupendous. How does one get the attention of the developer here, even for critical bugs that are product killers?

Aubrey CLM

Nov 13, 2019, 2:19:25 PM11/13/19
to mementodatabase
Some insight into the cause of the bug can be guessed by knowing that if one manually edits the date filed into google sheets to append "  00:00" then it does send the date back correctly to Memento, even though this is a date only field and was not exported in this format in the first place

Aubrey CLM

Dec 17, 2019, 12:01:17 PM12/17/19
to mementodatabase
Is there some mechanism to sort out really serious bugs like this one. I am concerned that this developer is not responding here or anywhere to multiple reports of this bug. It makes me sad and worried about the future of memento in which I have invested a lot ...