How to sort child records by field rather than creation date in parent portal view?

Razza Danza

May 7, 2023, 6:24:12 AM5/7/23
to mementodatabase
I can’t see any way to sort child records listed in a portal of a parent record on an iPad.

Is there some way of achieving this or am I stuck with creation date ordering?

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Er Mo

May 7, 2023, 7:12:25 AM5/7/23
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Du Kannst die Daten Sortieren . Dieses ist nur in der Ansicht " Liste " möklich . Auch kann man die Daten Gruppiren . Das muss aber in der Bibliothek pasiren in der die Daten sind . ( link to entry )

Hello
You can sort the data. This is only possible in the "List" view. You can also group the data. But that has to happen in the library in which the data is. ( link to entry )

Ernst

Bill Crews

May 7, 2023, 11:35:24 AM5/7/23
to Razza Danza, mementodatabase
If you give us some description of how you are using the database, doing what things while in what library, scenarios in which you want to see the child data sorted, etc, then we might be able to suggest ways of doing or at least approximating what you're wanting to do. Also, are you linking parents to the children or children to the parents?