Button Field

MR. A.S.

Jul 22, 2022, 11:48:03 AMJul 22
to mementodatabase
Hi,
 Is it possible to  Create a "Button" using 'Button field ' sothat I can Save my current entry card and open a new blank entry card  after single click on this Button ?

Please help me if anyone knows it.

Er Mo

Jul 22, 2022, 1:51:56 PMJul 22
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Soweit ich das Testen konnte , kann man ein Skript ausfüren lassen . Ich weiß nicht ob man damit andere Schaltflächen ansprechen kann. Was ich mir vorstellen kann ,ist ein Skript das einen Neuen Eintrag erstellt mit den Daten die Eingegeben wurden und nacher die Felder löscht / leert so das man erneut eingeben kann.

Hi
As far as I could test, you can run a script. I don't know if you can use it to address other buttons. What I can imagine is a script that creates a new entry with the data that was entered and then deletes / empties the fields so that you can enter again.

Ernst

MR. A.S.

Jul 22, 2022, 3:51:46 PMJul 22
to mementodatabase
Yes sir, you are absolutely right. Memento added a new "Button" field in the app. And there is a option to write a script for this "Button". But I don't know the script to do it.
Sir, Please help me if you know the script to do it .

Er Mo

Jul 22, 2022, 4:09:46 PMJul 22
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Was genau sollte die Schaltfläche machen ?

Hi
What exactly should the button do?

Ernst

MR. A.S.

Jul 22, 2022, 10:06:30 PMJul 22
to mementodatabase

As you said in your previous reply, It will creates a new entry with the data that was entered and then deletes / empties the fields so that I can enter again. I want a script for it .

Bill Crews

Jul 23, 2022, 1:31:17 AMJul 23
to MR. A.S., mementodatabase
I have not been able to test this, but what I can do is to frame the question in a way that points to what seems to me to be the crux of the matter...

Saving the current entry "card" is trivial in that Memento takes care of that when the checkmark is pressed. The sticking point is to then automatically display a blank card for addition of a new entry. One could contemplate setting up a trigger on the of Saving the entry running a script that would run After saving the entry.

But, as far as I can see, there is no way for the trigger script to initiate the addition of the new entry.

In general, while Memento JavaScript is very powerful in that it enables a lot of things users might want, it has no facilities for such things as modifying library structure or initiating or manipulating user interface events, such as the one you're hoping to find.

Hopefully, I've missed something, and another forum member will tell us how to do it using the facilities currently available in Memento JavaScript, but I'm afraid I don't believe it to be possible.

Craig Hunter

Jul 23, 2022, 7:46:23 AMJul 23
to memento...@googlegroups.com, Bill Crews, MR. A.S., mementodatabase
Bill, you are correct, saving current entry "card" is trivial. One may then tap on the floating + button to automatically display a blank card for addition of a new entry. (Android version, probably similar in others.) It seems like a lot of work to implement automatically tapping the +.

MR. A.S., did I correctly describe what you wanted? Do you see your users needing to create entries so quickly that saving one tap is important?

One possible solution to this is finding an app that is specialized for rapid data entry, then importing the data into the Library after the need for speed has passed.

I do not see a new "Button" field in the app. Is it in the beta test version? What can be done with it?

Something like this to clear the entries?
entryDefault().set("fieldName", "");

-Craig

Bill Crews

Jul 23, 2022, 10:09:21 AMJul 23
to Craig Hunter, mementodatabase, MR. A.S.
I interpreted it the same way you did, Craig. AS may have a vast amount of such entry to do though, and reducing the taps or keystrokes by one may make a big difference.

He could enter the data on a single Sheets sheet and then import that to Memento.

On Google Sheets, the Enter key causes the cursor to move to the following row, so one would enter all the (say) names first, go to the top & next column, enter all the addresses, and so on. That might minimize the taps/keystrokes, though you have to add the taps/keystrokes to export to CSV and then import that to Memento, but you'd have to do each of these 2 things only once. Just a thought.

Er Mo

Jul 23, 2022, 3:38:32 PMJul 23
to mementodatabase
Hallo Leute
In der Beta Version gibt es einen Feldtyp " Schaltfläche " . Wird diese gedrückt so löst er ein Skript aus . Man kan mit diese Skript eine Neue Eintrag erstellen und die Daten von Aktuellen Eintrag verwenden . Wenn ich viele änliche Einträge erstellen will , ist es Sinnvoll nur das zu ändern was anders ist und den Rest gleich lassen . Zb Adressen die die gleiche Stadt haben .

Hello folks
In the beta version there is a field type "button". If this is pressed, it triggers a script. You can use this script to create a new entry and use the data from the current entry. If I want to create many similar entries, it makes sense to only change what is different and leave the rest the same. Eg addresses that have the same city.

Ernst

Er Mo

Jul 24, 2022, 3:03:12 PMJul 24
to mementodatabase

Hallo
Hier eine Test Bibliothek NUR für 4.12 Version ( Beta) . Man kann den Eintrag auch in andere Bibliotheken schreiben . Habe eine Auswahl mit 3 Biblioteken gemacht . Mit der Schaltfläche im Datensatz kann man die Daten im Skript verarbeiten . Super Sache .

Hi
Here is a test library ONLY for 4.12 version (beta). You can also write the entry to other libraries. Made a choice with 3 libraries. With the button in the data record you can process the data in the script. Great thing .

Ernst