Additional Tag

DTs EMT

Jul 23, 2017, 9:33:59 AM7/23/17
to mementodatabase
I would like an additional tag to be available that we could apply to these posts.  I suggest "Solved", but "Fixed" might work as well.

Yesterday I had an issue which the superlative Mr Crews was able to answer. For anyone looking in this group in the future, I think it would be handy if they saw posts with the "[Solved]" tag, to help them find their answers.

At the bottom of posts I see "only suggested tags can be used", and the six listed don't really help folks to find answers.

Anyway, just a suggestion to the mods.

Thanks!

Bill Crews

Jul 23, 2017, 5:08:33 PM7/23/17
to mementodatabase
Tags sound great. I checked the forum in both the mobile and desktop browsers, including both member and global settings, and I see no reference to tags. I don't see your "only suggested tags can be used" message, either. What platform and what browser are you using?

DTs EMT

Jul 24, 2017, 7:04:50 PM7/24/17
to mementodatabase
At the bottom of a post message, desktop version out chrome, I see the following message:

Group permits up to 3 comma-separated tags on a topic

only suggested tags can be used
suggested tags: bug · faq · memento · desktop · windows · api

Any deviation from these is disallowed. This may be a google groups thing, but it may be that the moderators can define further tags.

Tony G

Jan 20, 2018, 3:41:10 PM1/20/18
to mementodatabase
Bill, I was going to post on this topic but this is the perfect thread for it.
Google Groups allows moderator/owners to change the allowed tags, to disable tags entirely, to allow users to tag their own content, and for mods to change tags on existing posts.
For this audience I think it would be OK to allow self-tagging, with moderation of those tags to keep the list relevant.

Here is a random list of additional tags that I believe would be of value to include:
javascript
trigger
ifttt
integration
catalog-templates
translation
applications
calculation
aggregation
autofill
charts
security
location
links
audio
contacts

You'll recall our discussions about my offer to help with the wiki. I administer other Google Groups and would be happy to help with this aspect of this group.
Regards,

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 2:08:33 PM UTC-7, Bill Crews wrote:
Tags sound great.

Tony G

Jan 27, 2018, 9:23:29 PM1/27/18
to mementodatabase
I'm now helping with the forum so I might be able to help with this.
There is a Google Groups feature that allows posts to be flagged as resolved.
We just started making use of the Tags feature but that's not ideal for "tagging" posts as being resolved.
Let's flow with tags for a couple weeks, and to avoid shocking anyone with too many changes at once, we'll consider a resolution flag in the next round.
Thanks!