Autofill using data from previous entry

Graham Gourlay

Oct 30, 2018, 10:36:30 AM10/30/18
to mementodatabase
Hey all,

Is it possible to autofill fields using data from a previous entry, based on an ID number or similar?

Example below;

Library entry #1:
Customer ID - 0001
Phone number - 01234567890
Address -

Library entry #2:
Customer ID - 0002
Phone number - 06548999030

Library entry #2:
Customer ID - 0001
Phone number - [autofilled from entry #1]

Graham Gourlay

Oct 30, 2018, 11:07:48 AM10/30/18
to mementodatabase
I've figured this out, by using the Autofill menu and Library as source.

hemant panchal

Nov 5, 2018, 7:06:49 AM11/5/18
to mementodatabase
Hi
Please share what you have achieved

Thanks

Graham Gourlay

Nov 5, 2018, 10:13:31 AM11/5/18
to mementodatabase
Edit library, Autofill tab, + By title, Entries Library (at the bottom of the list), choose the input field search, then you should be able to see the option appropriate to your library.
Hope this sends you in the right direction!

eop...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2019, 6:15:40 PM2/13/19
to mementodatabase
Please send a correct solution, we are not here to solve riddles. We are here to solve the problem once and for all . Even don´t answer here is better than the answer you posted.

Peter

Graham Gourlay

Feb 13, 2019, 6:22:33 PM2/13/19
to mementodatabase
Rude. I posted step by step instructions, it's not a riddle. If you're struggling to understand, you could have simply asked me to explain the steps a bit more in depth and I'd be happy to. Instead you decided the best way to ask a stranger for help was to be rude and obnoxious. Good luck with that.

eop...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2019, 2:16:36 AM2/14/19
to mementodatabase
I don´t consider finding the + button in autofill as a help. We are not stupid - most of us aren´t citizens USA so all of us can find that button for the function. There is man above and me and we are asking for the calculation... I can imagine it works from 2 columns, but it takes 2 columns, can´t be hidden and take place in my database window every time I open it. So i don´t want to have it that way need quick solution how to make custommer ID

Bill Crews

Feb 14, 2019, 8:26:32 AM2/14/19
to eop...@gmail.com, mementodatabase
I don't recall the original question, and these last three posts have not been enlightening. If a response is needed, please specify it again, since it disappeared for some reason from this thread.