Calculations Across Notes

Dave O'Sullivan

Jul 18, 2024, 4:52:21 PM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to mementodatabase
Evening All,
Have just downloaded Memento for a specific use case and wondered if it will actually be possible!
Would appreciate some guidance.

Basically, I am trying to build a life ‘master list’ - in essence a net worth tracker that can also store documents / other data.

So asset wise, a notebook for Property, one for vehicles, one for investments etc.. each of these notes will contain a page for each entry with more detailed info. So for the vehicles for example, a photo, the registration document in PDF, date purchased etc.. (with reminders built in for MoT renewal if that’s possible?) and most importantly from the net worth point of view, the current value.
All the vehicle values will feed into a master note with one calculation for the total value of all the vehicles.

The same must be true of liabilities. So one note for secured debt (mortgages) and one for unsecured (credit card). This will then also feed into the master note to give my net wealth position.

So, to anyone who has read this far and still has the will to live - is this possible?

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

Bill Crews

Jul 18, 2024, 5:53:47 PM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to Dave O'Sullivan, mementodatabase
If you won't fully articulate what you need, then please define the terms you use based on the Memento terms being used to implement them. Is Notebook a library? Is each of Vehicles, Investments, etc libraries? When you say page, so you mean a Memento page within an entry?

I'm sure Memento can address this, but the problem statement must be articulated fully, either in your own terms (and we'll figure out the implementation) or in your best guess at the Memento terms (not the best if you don't know Memento well.

Er Mo

Jul 19, 2024, 11:03:34 AM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Memento ist für deine Aufgaben richtig . Man kann Bibliotheken erstellen und sie miteinander verlinken um die Daten von einer andern Bibliothek zu sehen / Verwenden . Auch können Berechnunge im Feld oder im Skript durchgefürt werden .Für das Auto Beispiel kann einen Jährliche Abschreibung errechnet werden und abgezugen werden .Das auf Knopftruck oder nach Zeit . Es bedeutet aber einiges an Arbeit dies zu Erstellen und zu Warten .

Hello
Memento is right for your tasks. You can create libraries and link them together to see/use the data from another library. Calculations can also be carried out in the field or in the script. For the car example, an annual depreciation can be calculated and deducted. This can be done at the touch of a button or based on time. But it takes a lot of work to create and maintain this.

Ernst