4.6.0 Beta available for beta testers

admin

Feb 11, 2019, 3:36:14ā€ÆPM2/11/19
to memento...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

4.6.0 Beta available for beta testers.

Changelog:
ā€¢ Page size and orientation setup when saving entries in PDF.
ā€¢ Filters and graphs synchronization between Android devices.
ā€¢ Now it is possible to give access to your filters and graphs to any user of your library (only for Team tariffs).
ā€¢ Backup files are now saved as zip archives.
ā€¢ Attribute values of related entries can be exported and imported from CSV. The format of the name of a column with an attribute shall be as follows: link field name:attribute name.
ā€¢ Barcode scanner is now built into the application.
ā€¢ New type of action script - "Bulk Action". The button to start this script will be available in the menu, if you select a few entries in the library. The selected entries are available in the script viaĀ selectedEntries() function.

To become a beta tester go to:

John C

Feb 11, 2019, 10:15:55ā€ÆPM2/11/19
to mementodatabase
The filters and stuff being synced is a godsend. Thank you.

I didn't know yet what to do with the bulk field but I'll find something to do with it.

I'd like to see a way to be able to "select" which fields with which to export csv.

Idan Elingold

Feb 17, 2019, 7:35:37ā€ÆAM2/17/19
to mementodatabase
you can select which feild will we export and which not.

John C

Feb 17, 2019, 9:30:32ā€ÆAM2/17/19
to mementodatabase
In the csv export you can't select individual fields to export only which records to exports.

Idan Elingold

Feb 17, 2019, 11:14:11ā€ÆAM2/17/19
to mementodatabase
In the send all buton in android you can choose formating and create a template that will export only the feilds you want

John C

Feb 17, 2019, 11:42:44ā€ÆAM2/17/19
to mementodatabase
For some reason, no matter what I do, all the fields for the record export.

Idan Elingold

Feb 17, 2019, 12:42:24ā€ÆPM2/17/19
to mementodatabase
It works great for me, try to check which template you choose.

John C

Feb 17, 2019, 9:17:44ā€ÆPM2/17/19
to mementodatabase
Perhaps I should be choosing one of your templates. šŸ˜‚

Idan Elingold

Feb 17, 2019, 9:46:51ā€ÆPM2/17/19
to mementodatabase
šŸ˜

John C

Feb 18, 2019, 10:02:02ā€ÆAM2/18/19
to mementodatabase
Ohhhhhhhh! You inspired me my friend to keep going.

I didn't realize that upon opening the formatting option screen that ALL the fields were selected to export and that the trick was to DESELECT the ones you didn't want to choose.

I was trying somehow to SELECT the ones I wanted and couldn't understand for the life of me why it wasn't working or HOW it was supposed to work.

I wish it worked the other way as I have records that contain lots of fields and have to DESELECT the majority of them to keep the ones I want.

BUT! I'm happy that it is a feature I can use.

Thanks for your persistence.

John

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 9:46:51 PM UTC-5, Idan Elingold wrote:
šŸ˜

Bill Crews

Feb 18, 2019, 11:57:12ā€ÆAM2/18/19
to John Cesta, mementodatabase
Any time there are checkboxes, there should always be Check All and Uncheck All buttons (in my humble opinion)!

John C

Feb 18, 2019, 12:18:17ā€ÆPM2/18/19
to mementodatabase

The problem was there aren't any checkboxes. They are just all selected but there's no way to see they are all selected.

The other thingĀ  that is similar is the table view in android. Upon first viewing, all the fields are selected. Then your only option is to deselect each field one by one. You uncheck one then must select the fields view again to deselect another.

Also there should be a way to SAVE table views.Ā

Bill Crews

Feb 18, 2019, 12:53:36ā€ÆPM2/18/19
to John Cesta, mementodatabase
Oh? Someone uses the table view? I had no idea. šŸ˜‰

John C

Feb 18, 2019, 7:32:10ā€ÆPM2/18/19
to mementodatabase

Well, I would like to use it if it was functional for me. I would like to be able to setup a few various table views and save them for viewing.

Hey Bill perhaps you would be able to do....

In my member record library I have the birthdate.

1. I would like to be able to search it by the Month/DayĀ  and display all the birthdays for that day.
2. Then/Or It would be nice to have a javascript thing to be able to (upon running) display the member records for the day.

Is this easy? I haven't been able to get memento to only search on the month and day

Bill Crews

Feb 19, 2019, 7:26:00ā€ÆAM2/19/19
to John Cesta, mementodatabase
Well, John, try this. Add a new library from the attached template and open it. You'll see 2 members, John & Bill, with birthdays (I made up yours).

If you open Filter, you'll see one called Marked. If you select it, the members disappear, because no members are marked. You could set that filter as a tab, if you'd like; I would, but I didn't.

Then, note the action button on the bar at the top of the list. If you press it, you'll be prompted for a birth month and birth day. If you enter 1 & 1 and press the checkmark, they both disappear, since none has a birthdate of Jan 1.

If you enter 4 & 18, you'll see Bill, cuz that's my birthdate. If you enter 2 & 19, you'll see John, cuz that's your made up birthdate.

If you look at the code, note...
- I created variables for the field names at the top, so you can just change them to match your field names.
- You'll need a Boolean field called Marked?. You could change that name, too, at the top of the script.
- I left a debug statement in there, but commented it out. If you delete the // on the left, it'll run the next time, and you'll see at the bottom of the screen the birthdays of each of the members, as the script loops through them.
- There are other ways to do this; this seemed like the simplest. If you don't like the Boolean and/or filter, the script will change a bit, but it'll have the same basic structure regardless. You could copy the matching members to another library; that would be a bit more complex, but you'd avoid needing either the Boolean or the filter -- just that other library. There are probably other ways to do it.

Let me know how it works for you. It's easy to write crappy code; that's what most programmers usually do (though not me, of course šŸ˜Š); I tried here to be on my best behavior, so the code would be as readable and understandable as it could be for you. If you ever want to look up anything about JavaScript, start with my wiki page Memento JavaScript Library, maybe note the links at the bottom of that page, then Google for "MDN JavaScript" and surf to the first result. For dates specifically, Google for "MDN JavaScript Date".
Cesta Members.template

admin

Feb 26, 2019, 6:09:52ā€ÆAM2/26/19
to mementodatabase