Translation

Message has been deleted

admin

Mar 3, 2015, 7:00:02 AM3/3/15
to memento...@googlegroups.com

You can help translate Memento Database into your native language.

Translation of Memento Database is carried out collectively, on the portal at: http://translate.luckydroid.com/

You may start translating to a previously unsupported language or complete and correct errors in existing translations.

As a bonus - all active translators (if you translated more than 1000 strings) get the PRO-version for free.

Thanks.

ytraynard

Apr 18, 2016, 10:54:50 AM4/18/16
to mementodatabase
Internal Server Error
Today http://translate.luckydroid.com/ :returns Internal Server Error

Lisbeth Salander

Apr 30, 2016, 2:08:36 PM4/30/16
to mementodatabase
:-)

ytraynard

May 3, 2016, 10:16:10 AM5/3/16
to mementodatabase

Today http://translate.luckydroid.com/ :returns

404 Not Found

nginx/1.10.0 (Ubuntu)
Message has been deleted

admin

May 10, 2016, 7:32:12 PM5/10/16
to mementodatabase
Translation server is up and running.
Also added the strings for the Desktop version.
Message has been deleted

ytraynard

Jul 28, 2016, 3:57:57 PM7/28/16
to mementodatabase
Following the last Android update (3.9.7), can't find new strings ("Many-to-many", "The address of Memento Server" and others) in weblate repository.
Any idea ?

ytraynard

Feb 24, 2017, 8:10:11 AM2/24/17
to mementodatabase
Today, opening weblate, I got this message : http://translate.luckydroid.com/projects/memento/string/.
Any help ?
Thanks.

OSError at /projects/memento/string/

[Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
Request Method:GET
Request URL:http://translate.luckydroid.com/projects/memento/string/
Django Version:1.8.3
Exception Type:OSError
Exception Value:
[Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
Exception Location:/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py in _execute_child, line 1231
Python Executable:/app/bin/python2
Python Version:2.7.9

admin

Feb 24, 2017, 3:34:48 PM2/24/17
to mementodatabase
Fixed. Please, try again.

ytraynard

Feb 26, 2017, 3:56:27 AM2/26/17
to mementodatabase
Works well now. Thanks.
Yves.

al...@rcyci.edu.sa

Mar 14, 2017, 4:08:38 AM3/14/17
to mementodatabase
Dear admin

Could you please add Malay language in the translated option. I can not find my native language in the option provided.

Thank you.

Hafizi

Olek

Dec 10, 2017, 10:12:47 AM12/10/17
to mementodatabase
Hello,

I think both versions are almost finished in French 98,8%

But I do not see the help files ready for translation

WIll they ?

Regards

PS I do not understand if my translation strings are automatically added or if some action is expected from myself ?

Le mardi 3 mars 2015 13:00:02 UTC+1, admin a écrit :

You can help translate Memento Database into your native language.

Translation of Memento Database is carried out collectively, on the portal at: http://translate.luckydroid.com/

You may start translating to a previously unsupported language or complete and correct errors in existing translations.

As a bonus - all active translators (if you translated more than 500 strings) get the PRO-version for free.

Thanks.

Olek

Dec 11, 2017, 8:42:49 AM12/11/17
to mementodatabase
my mistake it is said 99,8% translated . NO more translation into French (I can spend a little time on that) . Regards

Nerob Tuner

Olek

Dec 16, 2017, 6:59:24 AM12/16/17
to mementodatabase
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME IF WEBLATE IS ONLY TO STRANSLATE STRINGS (softwares, not txtx files, for instance)

WHy noone answers about the possibility to translate the user manual files ?

Regards

Le mardi 3 mars 2015 13:00:02 UTC+1, admin a écrit :

You can help translate Memento Database into your native language.

Translation of Memento Database is carried out collectively, on the portal at: http://translate.luckydroid.com/

You may start translating to a previously unsupported language or complete and correct errors in existing translations.

As a bonus - all active translators (if you translated more than 500 strings) get the PRO-version for free.

Thanks.

Bill Crews

Dec 16, 2017, 11:31:58 AM12/16/17
to Olek, mementodatabase
I've never done it. Did you register for an account? Did nothing happen? If Weblate is not working, you should contact them, I would think through that site. If really nothing works, you could contact three developer directly.

Isaac OLEG

Dec 16, 2017, 11:57:29 AM12/16/17
to Bill Crews, mementodatabase

No Bill, thanks for the answer, weblate works fine, I did almost finish the French translations available, but those are only strings from the PC and Android software, the manual is not proposed.

So I ask again and again of weblate can be used to do that (collaborative work suits me fine) or if for some reason it does not.

The software owner may provide the sources of course, and initiate the translation project on weblate.
I did check and open source text format are accepted  (open access for instance) not text or word, or excel, etc. So the possibility exists.

Best regards

Bill Crews

Dec 16, 2017, 5:19:21 PM12/16/17
to Isaac OLEG, mementodatabase
OK, I know nothing about Weblate and app translations.

As for "the manual", Memento has not had a "manual" for some years now. It once had a FAQ and a small "manual", but I took those and incorporated all the information into the wiki. Memento hosts the wiki; all I do is add and edit the pages. All the ones I deal with are in English, written by me. When some of the newer features (triggers, actions, etc) were released, the developer gave me Russian wiki pages, which my Russian-speaking wife & I translated into English for the wiki. I still see the Russian pages he contributed out there, but the English wiki doesn't point to them.

Now, I know enough about wikis to know that there could be a parallel set of wiki pages in any other language, but unless Weblate deals with that, I know of no process in place for translations of the English wiki to take place. I do not coordinate with anyone. I have wondered if there were at least a Russian version somewhere, but if so, I'm not aware of it.

So, that's it. I'm a user; I don't work for Memento. I didn't respond sooner, because I am not involved in any translating, except for finding out from a Russian speaker about his new software features, and because I didn't (still don't, really) understand what you are wanting to translate. If it is the wiki, then I suggest contacting the developer and cc me and see if he has plans for parallel wikis.

So far, I have been procrastinating about opening the English wiki to contributions by others; I should do that at some point. I presume that, if translations start to happen, the English wiki would be the master copy, at least in the beginning.

That's all I know to say. Hopefully, it at least partially addresses what you've been asking about.

Isaac OLEG

Dec 16, 2017, 8:35:57 PM12/16/17
to Bill Crews, mementodatabase

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Indeed as many software users I did begin to use mémento without even looking for a manual or help files (as I did not need at that point).
. I think I did ask the développer but talked about a help file or user manual, which may not been helping to have an answer.

It is just a proposal, I did see a few persons did or do work on the French translations, they are directly used when one ask memento "in French".

I will have a look at your work, be sure, and will see if it sound to be suited for translation A wiki  could be cooperative, but web late gives translation tools (glossary, automatic translation) that could be useful..

Let me think about that..

Best regards and thanks again for clearing most of the issue.
Isaac

Nerob Tuner

Rivo Zängov

Mar 13, 2019, 6:21:22 PM3/13/19
to mementodatabase
Would it be possible to add Estonian language to languages list. Thanks!

admin

Mar 13, 2019, 6:26:06 PM3/13/19
to mementodatabase

James

Jun 8, 2019, 4:40:47 AM6/8/19
to mementodatabase
I am the translator of traditional Chinese.
How about the release schedule of next version?
I desire for it for a long time.😀

James Huang

Fabrizio Degni

Oct 26, 2019, 10:40:37 PM10/26/19
to mementodatabase
Good morning,
if you are looking for support about the Italian localization... ready for duty!

Fabrizio

Simon Repnik

Jan 13, 2020, 1:16:32 PM1/13/20
to mementodatabase
Dear admin

Could you please add Slovenian language in the translated option. I can not find my native language in the option provided.

Thank you.

Simon

ytraynard

Dec 10, 2022, 5:20:21 AM12/10/22
to mementodatabase
Hi admin,

Thank you for all the new features in the latest version.
Since version 4.13.0 there are many words not translated into French.
I wanted to translate them, but the weblate platform does not contain the new words. Is there a new translation method?

Thanks.

Simon Repnik

Mar 3, 2023, 8:02:23 AM3/3/23
to mementodatabase