Jump to a field un a survey

Yair Merlín

Jan 30, 2019, 10:01:00 AM1/30/19
to mementodatabase
Hi everybody. I would like to know if there is any code to generate a jump between fields.
Suppose you are doing a questionnaire where a specific response from the interviewee
should take you to another field in the questionnaire. For example, if you ask him if he wears
 glasses and he says no, there is no sense in asking him a group of questions regarding the glasses,
 so a jump to another section of the questionnaire is required.

Does anyone know something? I suppose that is an action or trigger?

Julio Corominas

Jan 30, 2019, 10:40:42 AM1/30/19
to mementodatabase
Hi, you just have to add a dependency in the field that should be hidden.
Go to edit library, enter the field you want to edit, choose dependence of the field, add the dependence of the field,
Select the type of dependency, and finally, select the field from which to be dependent.

Bill Crews

Jan 30, 2019, 11:02:14 AM1/30/19
to Julio Corominas, mementodatabase
So, as an example, if you have a Boolean field Wear glasses?, and if the user says Yes, then you'd like her to choose the various ways or times they are worn, then define the Checkboxes field Glasses scenarios, enter the possible scenarios, and then Add dependency. In there, identify the Wear glasses? field and the value Yes, then Visible.

Now, if she says No, it shows something else, but if she says Yes, then the Glasses scenarios field checkbox options pop up.

Triggers work an entry at a time, not per each field, so there's no way to script anything to do between fields, only after the checkmark is pressed.

Yair Merlín

Jan 30, 2019, 11:06:54 AM1/30/19
to mementodatabase
Thank you very much, Julio and Bill, both options are useful. Now I understand more about how the dependencies work and their potential use.