Desktop Version - 1.0.0 (Windows, Linux, Mac)

admin

Feb 15, 2016, 7:27:01 AM2/15/16
to memento...@googlegroups.com

Let me introduce - Memento Database Desktop.

Now you can work with your data on Windows / Linux / Mac. Sync Memento across desktop and mobile platforms is performed through Memento Cloud.

Download

Kevin Osborne

Feb 15, 2016, 8:17:40 AM2/15/16
to mementodatabase
This is amazing. Cant wait to get started with this. Been waiting so long. Thanks for all your work!

Md Salauddin Firoz Safi

Feb 15, 2016, 9:20:42 AM2/15/16
to mementodatabase
thanks, many thanks, many many thakns...

couldn't be explain how much productive it will become to all memento user. as admin mention final version will be paid so can you update how mch it will be ?

Message has been deleted

Eduardo Dallmann

Feb 15, 2016, 9:43:36 AM2/15/16
to mementodatabase
wonderful from the beginning always wanted a desktop version. I will use right now. congratulations for the excellent work.

Kevin Osborne

Feb 15, 2016, 12:46:52 PM2/15/16
to mementodatabase
After having a play around today and using it in a real life business situation, I can confirm this is a game changer for me, would happily pay once its all finished, and my only queries so far are, how do we report bugs and feature issues, there are no settings? & is the roll out of additional versions a long term thing?
Message has been deleted

admin

Feb 15, 2016, 12:51:45 PM2/15/16
to mementodatabase
Please send a bug-reports and feature requests by email - sup...@luckydroid.com
Information about new versions will appear in this thread.

Des Amis

Feb 23, 2016, 1:37:34 PM2/23/16
to mementodatabase
Hello what login to use  on the windows x86 version?

Amundsf

Feb 24, 2016, 5:57:43 PM2/24/16
to mementodatabase
Memento account.
Created from settings in Android app.

Carin Jansen

Feb 26, 2016, 2:10:01 PM2/26/16
to mementodatabase
And how do I get my account when my tablet just crashed and I don't want to loose the whole database I have been creating?

Robert Olsen

Feb 26, 2016, 4:26:33 PM2/26/16
to mementodatabase
Wow, this is so awesome.
I just now learned about the Desktop version of Memento.
I remember requesting one a long time ago.
This is the best thing to happen to me so far this year.
Thank you so much for this.
This will make my life so much easier.

Have you set a price for the release version?

Viviana Siveroni

Feb 27, 2016, 5:33:51 PM2/27/16
to mementodatabase
Yep. It is great. For a desktop version, an export to xls or csv format will be useful...what about a conduit to microsoft access? Thank you

craven....@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2016, 5:36:13 PM2/27/16
to mementodatabase
Help!   I cannot use the Windows 0.5 Beta version.   I loaded the 64bit windows version on my Windows 10 machine and when I startup the application it asks for a username.  I cannot get in to try it out.

Eugene Kartoyev

Feb 27, 2016, 6:06:08 PM2/27/16
to mementodatabase
Conduit means export? What for? To make it another plug-in for Access?

Amundsf

Feb 28, 2016, 6:44:17 AM2/28/16
to mementodatabase
Mr C:
You need to have a Memento account. Create it in the Android app.

Amundsf

Feb 28, 2016, 6:47:16 AM2/28/16
to mementodatabase
Viviana Siveroni:
Import/export to both csv and excel is listed as functionality in the next version :-)

Viviana Siveroni

Feb 28, 2016, 8:42:59 AM2/28/16
to mementodatabase
Great!

Mr. C

Feb 28, 2016, 5:34:45 PM2/28/16
to mementodatabase
Thank you, creating a Memento cloud account on my android device allowed me to access the Memento installation on my Windows laptop.   Does this mean that I can now only run Memento on my laptop while logged into the Memento cloud server?  I was hoping that it would act more locally (like the Android app does).

I really like the idea of a database app that can run on both Android and Windows and this is a capability that I'm willing to pay for if it functions properly.   So, a few questions....  if I want to share a database with other members of my family, how will they access my Memento cloud area where the database now lives?   When the windows version becomes a paid application, will I have to buy a copy for each device I run the application on?

Amundsf

Feb 28, 2016, 5:48:27 PM2/28/16
to mementodatabase
Local copy:
The developer write in the first post of this thread that it is an early version where it's only possible to work with libraries in cloud. That I interpret as local copy could be implemented later. On the other hand this isn't listed in the road man (also first post) so I wouldn't hope to much for "offline support" in the next releases.

Other users:
They should create their own accounts. From the right menu in the library (where you set filter, sorting etc) you have option Cloud. From that you add access to other users.

admin

Mar 2, 2016, 12:39:02 PM3/2/16
to memento...@googlegroups.com
A new version of Memento Desktop 0.5.7 is avaliable.
What's new:
  • Grouping entries (multi-level)
  • Color of entries
  • Notifications about new versions.
  • Fixed a security issue: possible to view subordinate library even when user isn't granted access to the them.
  • Fixed a security issue: edit entries through search, when user isn't granted access to edit.
  • Fixed crash if library has custom icon
  • Fixed a crash which could occur when using coordinate.
  • Fixed a crash which could occur after editing of entry

chavarrya

Mar 2, 2016, 1:22:27 PM3/2/16
to mementodatabase
After installation of v0.5.6 memento has crahed with this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.db.models.GroupOptions.<init>(GroupOptions.java:18)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.db.models.LocalLibrary.<init>(LocalLibrary.java:44)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.db.models.LocalLibrary.persist(LocalLibrary.java:123)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.PullEntriesService.succeeded(PullEntriesService.java:67)
at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$new$490(Service.java:555)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:182)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:105)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:112)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.access$000(ObjectPropertyBase.java:51)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase$Listener.invalidated(ObjectPropertyBase.java:233)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleInvalidation.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:137)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:105)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:112)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:146)
at javafx.concurrent.Task.setState(Task.java:696)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.lambda$call$500(Task.java:1434)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

admin

Mar 2, 2016, 1:33:28 PM3/2/16
to mementodatabase
Please update to  0.5.7 version

Kevin Osborne

Mar 2, 2016, 5:15:57 PM3/2/16
to mementodatabase
Fantastic fixed a lot of issue with the initial release, will continue testing it. Now it opens entries without crashes I will use this daily so any issues I will eek them out for you.

Henry Jason

Mar 3, 2016, 5:22:13 AM3/3/16
to mementodatabase
thanks very much admin !  it looks good !  I like the simplified look ... can't wait for the next updates like making charts and syncing to google spreadsheets !

Richard Chatburn

Mar 3, 2016, 4:31:46 PM3/3/16
to mementodatabase
In all versions so far I'm having problems sorting the entries. Whether I choose ASC or DESC as for the primary sort criteria has no effect. The list sorts but the order doesn't reverse when I change from ASC to DESC.

Hope this is explicit enough to look at the code and work on the bug.

Amundsf

Mar 3, 2016, 6:23:58 PM3/3/16
to mementodatabase
ASC/DESC changes the sort order for me.
I now tested field types "string list" and "integer". What field types do you try to sort with?
What version are you running? I'm using Windows x64, 0.5.7

Lisbeth Salander

Mar 12, 2016, 5:54:34 AM3/12/16
to mementodatabase
Absolutely amazing. I'm using jar version under Windows XP. I just had to upgrade Java platform.
Excellent job. Thank you.

admin

Mar 14, 2016, 11:17:22 AM3/14/16
to memento...@googlegroups.com
A new version of Memento Desktop 0.6.0 is avaliable.
What's new:
  • Added import and export entries to CSV
  • Added support for encrypted libraries
  • Fixed left align for entries without colors
  • Preserve the group nodes state.
  • Fixed a bug with wrong decimal symbol for some languages.
  • Added display count of entries.

Believe in GOD

Mar 15, 2016, 12:26:32 AM3/15/16
to mementodatabase
Its really amazing, very fruitful and very helpful. Really Great !!!
I got everything on desktop. But i can not add new items while doing entry to Single Choice Fields. I can do it on android app version.
One more thing i would like to report: " It accepts entries in unicode characters, but It does not export unicode characters to CSV files and shows ????? for unicode chars (In both android app as well as desktop)."
Is it possible to do it? If yes then how?

admin

Mar 16, 2016, 6:19:22 PM3/16/16
to memento...@googlegroups.com
I got everything on desktop. But i can not add new items while doing entry to Single Choice Fields. I can do it on android app version.
This will be available in the 0.7 version.

One more thing i would like to report: " It accepts entries in unicode characters, but It does not export unicode characters to CSV files and shows ????? for unicode chars (In both android app as well as desktop)."
Is it possible to do it? If yes then how?
I'll try to fix in the next version.

chavarrya

Mar 17, 2016, 1:00:42 PM3/17/16
to mementodatabase
Hi admin!

Version 0.6 crashs when you open a library.

Thanks in advances.

Amundsf

Mar 17, 2016, 1:14:08 PM3/17/16
to mementodatabase
Mine did too. Got this answer:
Can you send me the log? (c:\users\{user name}\.memento\logs
You can delete local copy of database : c:\users\{user name}\.memento\database
After that, it should work.

chavarrya

Mar 18, 2016, 12:05:50 PM3/18/16
to mementodatabase
This was the error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not instantiate class
at org.mapdb.SerializerPojo.deserializeUnknownHeader(SerializerPojo.java:483)
at org.mapdb.SerializerBase.deserialize3(SerializerBase.java:1216)
at org.mapdb.SerializerBase.deserialize(SerializerBase.java:1132)
at org.mapdb.SerializerBase.deserialize(SerializerBase.java:867)
at org.mapdb.SerializerPojo.deserialize(SerializerPojo.java:701)
at org.mapdb.BTreeMap$NodeSerializer.deserialize(BTreeMap.java:449)
at org.mapdb.BTreeMap$NodeSerializer.deserialize(BTreeMap.java:288)
at org.mapdb.Store.deserialize(Store.java:297)
at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.get2(StoreDirect.java:486)
at org.mapdb.StoreWAL.get2(StoreWAL.java:336)
at org.mapdb.StoreWAL.get(StoreWAL.java:320)
at org.mapdb.Caches$HashTable.get(Caches.java:246)
at org.mapdb.EngineWrapper.get(EngineWrapper.java:58)
at org.mapdb.BTreeMap.<init>(BTreeMap.java:541)
at org.mapdb.DB.getTreeMap(DB.java:805)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.db.Database.libraries(Database.java:73)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.MainController.openLibrary(MainController.java:223)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.MainController.lambda$optionLibrariesTree$46(MainController.java:188)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$Generic.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:361)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyObjectPropertyBase.java:74)
at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyObjectWrapper.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyObjectWrapper.java:102)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:112)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:146)
at javafx.scene.control.SelectionModel.setSelectedItem(SelectionModel.java:102)
at javafx.scene.control.MultipleSelectionModelBase.lambda$new$34(MultipleSelectionModelBase.java:67)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleInvalidation.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:137)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyIntegerPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyIntegerPropertyBase.java:72)
at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyIntegerWrapper.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyIntegerWrapper.java:102)
at javafx.beans.property.IntegerPropertyBase.markInvalid(IntegerPropertyBase.java:113)
at javafx.beans.property.IntegerPropertyBase.set(IntegerPropertyBase.java:147)
at javafx.scene.control.SelectionModel.setSelectedIndex(SelectionModel.java:68)
at javafx.scene.control.MultipleSelectionModelBase.select(MultipleSelectionModelBase.java:404)
at javafx.scene.control.MultipleSelectionModelBase.clearAndSelect(MultipleSelectionModelBase.java:356)
at javafx.scene.control.TreeView$TreeViewBitSetSelectionModel.clearAndSelect(TreeView.java:1477)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.CellBehaviorBase.simpleSelect(CellBehaviorBase.java:256)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.CellBehaviorBase.doSelect(CellBehaviorBase.java:220)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.CellBehaviorBase.mousePressed(CellBehaviorBase.java:150)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:95)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3757)
at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:352)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:275)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$354(GlassViewEventHandler.java:388)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:387)
at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 11, Size: 11
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
at org.mapdb.SerializerPojo.deserializeUnknownHeader(SerializerPojo.java:476)
... 75 more

admin

Mar 18, 2016, 12:10:02 PM3/18/16
to mementodatabase
To fix this issue, you must delete local copy of database : c:\users\{user name}\.memento\database

chavarrya

Mar 18, 2016, 12:35:11 PM3/18/16
to mementodatabase
It works perfectly!!!

Thanks!!!

Makis Sigalas

Mar 21, 2016, 10:37:25 AM3/21/16
to mementodatabase
Had the same problem. After deleting the local  local copy of database (c:\users\{user name}\.memento\database), everything is back to normal. Thanks!

Dan Buchal

Mar 22, 2016, 10:42:08 PM3/22/16
to mementodatabase
I am getting the following in the log when attempting to download:

Mar 22, 2016 10:33:15 PM com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.DownloadLibraryController lambda$OnDownloadLibrary$107
SEVERE: Can't download library
com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.MementoAPI$MementoRequestException: 200 template_engine_old
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.MementoAPI.assertResult(MementoAPI.java:79)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.MementoAPI.assertResult(MementoAPI.java:74)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.MementoAPI.execute(MementoAPI.java:125)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.MementoAPI.pullModel(MementoAPI.java:131)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.DownloadLibraryService$1.downloadLibrary(DownloadLibraryService.java:48)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.DownloadLibraryService$1.call(DownloadLibraryService.java:38)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.client.DownloadLibraryService$1.call(DownloadLibraryService.java:35)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$null$492(Service.java:725)
at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$493(Service.java:724)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

admin

Mar 23, 2016, 6:32:08 AM3/23/16
to mementodatabase

Please, upgrade app to version 0.6.1

Doug Beare

Mar 23, 2016, 6:45:54 AM3/23/16
to mementodatabase
This looks like a great piece of software. I am trying to get the jar file running on Ubuntu 14.04. So far without any luck. I keep getting this message:
 sh<mementodb.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/luckydroid/mementofx/MementoApp : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:482)

Jacques De Witte

Mar 23, 2016, 4:34:09 PM3/23/16
to mementodatabase
Hi there,
I am working on a MacBookAir with Yosemite 10.10.5

I downloaded the 0.6 Java desktop version but don't know how to launch it.
Thanks for your help

Jacques

Richard Chatburn

Mar 24, 2016, 3:21:14 AM3/24/16
to mementodatabase
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I'm sorting by date and by time. My database has fields 'entry date' and 'entry time'. I group by the entry date. Then I want to sort by the entry date in descending order (the newest entry at the top). Within the date groups I then want the times to sort in descending order (again newest entry at the top).

I can only seem to get ascending order. I'm in the latest version 0.6.1 and the problem is still there so far as I can see.

Fairly minor issue given the overall development of this wonderful piece of software :-)

admin

Mar 24, 2016, 1:26:10 PM3/24/16
to mementodatabase

This looks like a great piece of software. I am trying to get the jar file running on Ubuntu 14.04. So far without any luck. I keep getting this message:
 sh<mementodb.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/luckydroid/mementofx/MementoApp : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

You must use latest Java8 from Oracle
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer

admin

Mar 24, 2016, 1:31:32 PM3/24/16
to mementodatabase

I am working on a MacBookAir with Yosemite 10.10.5

I downloaded the 0.6 Java desktop version but don't know how to launch it.
Thanks for your help

1. Install Oracle Java8

2. Run jar in console:
java -jar mementodb.jar

Henry Jason

Mar 25, 2016, 7:32:19 PM3/25/16
to mementodatabase
Hi !

I've been following this thread eversince you guys launched the desktop version.  It has been working fine until today when I updated to the latest version.  I keep getting the problem :

Ruth Taylor

Mar 31, 2016, 7:09:27 AM3/31/16
to mementodatabase
this is great, downloading now to test it out.

Davi Menezes

Mar 31, 2016, 10:34:39 PM3/31/16
to mementodatabase
I using Linux Ubuntu 15.10 64bits and in run ./mementodb.sh , this error is showing
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/luckydroid/mementofx/MementoApp : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Henry Jason

Apr 1, 2016, 10:09:28 AM4/1/16
to mementodatabase
Hello guys !

I downloaded 0.6.1 hoping my previous problem would be fixed but I still end up with an error like the following :

Any help ?

admin

Apr 1, 2016, 10:19:18 AM4/1/16
to mementodatabase
To fix this issue, you must delete local copy of database : c:\users\{user name}\.memento\database

John Ukos

Apr 1, 2016, 3:48:21 PM4/1/16
to mementodatabase
I have installed and logged into Memento Desktop. How do i access my libraries? I have three icons in top left corner, my libraries, shared with me, and search. when I click on the icons nothing happens.

Henry Jason

Apr 1, 2016, 6:30:08 PM4/1/16
to mementodatabase
Hi !

I'm using the JAVA version on my MAC ... I deleted all files related to Memento Database and re - downloaded the program but I still get the same message.

Kaalesh

Apr 4, 2016, 3:25:07 PM4/4/16
to mementodatabase
Great software. I am using the 0.6.1 version. Only issue so far is that it crashes every time i try to delete a date entr, which is set to enter the present date as default.

Kaalesh

Apr 4, 2016, 3:46:45 PM4/4/16
to mementodatabase
Also being able to increase the font size and style would be good.

John Ukos

Apr 6, 2016, 7:48:50 PM4/6/16
to mementodatabase
I am answering my own question....as to why i could see any database in desktop version. today a message appeared on my memento phone app asking if I wanted to upload to the cloud, so i did and now the database is visible on desktop.

JinLong Pan

Apr 7, 2016, 3:22:14 AM4/7/16
to mementodatabase

Hi,
When I try to login the Memento, it always shows this message 'Server unavailable, try again later'.
I think it's caused by the network problem. Would you please add proxy connection?

Kaalesh

Apr 8, 2016, 4:30:13 PM4/8/16
to mementodatabase
I got a msg to download a new version when i logged into my desktop memento a few mins ago. When i clicked on the link, it brought me here. Is there a more recent version than 0.6.1 released?

Amundsf

Apr 8, 2016, 7:05:08 PM4/8/16
to mementodatabase
See first post. I haven't testes yes, but looks from the url as 0.7 is ready for download.

Robert Olsen

Apr 8, 2016, 11:59:11 PM4/8/16
to mementodatabase
Will paid Android subscribers also have to pay for the release version?

Hy Lau

Apr 10, 2016, 9:48:58 PM4/10/16
to mementodatabase

can‘t use in china , win10

The RockSet

Apr 12, 2016, 1:39:04 PM4/12/16
to mementodatabase
Hi,
thanks for the win version. But I have a problem:
I installed 0.7 alpha (win10) but I can not create a new filter - exactly - filter by period (date) ... the error only appears and the application crashes.
Details:

"... the exception stacktrace was:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.fields.DateFieldController.getDataPickerDate(DateFieldController.java:80)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.filters.DateFieldFilter.saveRule(DateFieldFilter.java:75)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.filters.DateFieldFilter.saveRule(DateFieldFilter.java:25)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.FilterDialogController.lambda$getResultFilterGroup$6(FilterDialogController.java:99)
at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.FilterDialogController.getResultFilterGroup(FilterDialogController.java:93)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.FilterDialogController.getResult(FilterDialogController.java:84)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.dialogs.FilterDialog.lambda$new$319(FilterDialog.java:22)
at javafx.scene.control.Dialog.impl_setResultAndClose(Dialog.java:1026)
at javafx.scene.control.DialogPane.lambda$createButton$599(DialogPane.java:777)
[...]
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8411)
at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)
[...]
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._enterNestedEventLoopImpl(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._enterNestedEventLoop(WinApplication.java:218)
at com.sun.glass.ui.Application.enterNestedEventLoop(Application.java:511)
at com.sun.glass.ui.EventLoop.enter(EventLoop.java:107)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.enterNestedEventLoop(QuantumToolkit.java:583)
at javafx.stage.Stage.showAndWait(Stage.java:474)
at javafx.scene.control.HeavyweightDialog.showAndWait(HeavyweightDialog.java:162)
at javafx.scene.control.Dialog.showAndWait(Dialog.java:341)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.LibraryController.openEditFilterDialog(LibraryController.java:250)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.LibraryController.lambda$optionFiltersMenu$22(LibraryController.java:221)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
at javafx.scene.control.MenuItem.fire(MenuItem.java:462)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.doSelect(ContextMenuContent.java:1405)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.lambda$createChildren$343(ContextMenuContent.java:1358)
[...]

Can you help me? Thanks for the reply

admin

Apr 12, 2016, 5:35:53 PM4/12/16
to mementodatabase
It will be fixed in the next release.

The RockSet

Apr 13, 2016, 3:21:15 PM4/13/16
to mementodatabase
Thanks for answer... I look forwad to the next releases ;-)

admin

Apr 16, 2016, 6:07:41 AM4/16/16
to mementodatabase
A new version of Memento Desktop 0.7.5 is avaliable.
What's new:
- Added ability to edit some field types (checkbox , choice) directly from list.
- Added ability to set user permissions for library.
- Fixed a filter by date.
- Added option to open a library by URL.
- Added ability to upload template of library in the online-catalog.
- Added ability to use the value from the previous entry as a default value for a numeric field.

Windows x64: http://mementodatabase.com/download/mementodb-0.7.5b-win64.exe
Windows x86: http://mementodatabase.com/download/mementodb-0.7.5b-win.exe
Cross-platform Java version: http://mementodatabase.com/download/mementodb-0.7.5b-jar.zip

Sunil Kadyan

Apr 26, 2016, 1:46:39 PM4/26/16
to mementodatabase
Nice work, but real benefit will come when it will able to sync with Excel.

John Ukos

Apr 26, 2016, 3:03:48 PM4/26/16
to mementodatabase
I have to disagree, memento is a database app.  There are differences between database and spreadsheet applications which is why they both still exist(ie excel and access) and have their own purposes.

Sunil Kadyan

Apr 27, 2016, 8:02:16 AM4/27/16
to mementodatabase
Actually I have heavy calculations involved in my data which Memento cannot handle, but at the same time I want ease of using Memento on mobile because data size is large, so I want both.
Presently I am using Google sheets for this purpose with Memento, but Google sheets are very slow while computing formulas in large data. Hope you understand.

Bill Crews

Apr 27, 2016, 8:30:27 AM4/27/16
to mementodatabase
Keep in mind that memento now has a JavaScript field type in addition to the Calculation type. Perhaps it can handle your complex calculations?

Eugene Kartoyev

Apr 27, 2016, 1:30:07 PM4/27/16
to mementodatabase
Want it or not, one should also keep in mind that Memento is a DATABASE, not a Calculation Spreadsheet. The fact that it provides extensive calculation possibility is more of a pleasant bonus rather than a database requirement. So, if very heavy calculations are involved and the results are unsatisfactory because of the speed or unavailable functions, then, maybe the task does not fit the normal functionality of a database and using an interim spreadsheet is a normal practice.

Sunil Kadyan

Apr 27, 2016, 3:02:54 PM4/27/16
to mementodatabase
Leave the calculations but as you know Android version is dependent on Google Sheets for mass editing, like entering data, copy paste etc (in case of large data), so for Desktop Version this work can be done with the help of Excel.

Amundsf

Apr 27, 2016, 3:04:50 PM4/27/16
to mementodatabase
Mass editing is available in Memento for a version or two. So far only android version I think.

J.Sando

May 2, 2016, 12:44:52 AM5/2/16
to mementodatabase
Hi
Everything works fine on my PC with Windows 10, but one day, none of my libs wanted to work. and Memento crash. This is the error. (See attached file).
Please help me
error_memento2.JPG
error_memento1.JPG

Pablo Ornelas

May 5, 2016, 2:58:58 PM5/5/16
to mementodatabase

hello j.sando have the same problem and I'm desperate . How did you solve your problem?!!!!

Pablo Ornelas

May 5, 2016, 7:26:52 PM5/5/16
to mementodatabase
Hi I have this error might help me!

admin

May 6, 2016, 10:16:07 AM5/6/16
to mementodatabase
A new version of Memento Desktop 0.8.0 is avaliable.
What's new:
- Added autofill from external sources - Google Books, musicbrainz.org, themoviedb.org
- Added bulk editing of entries
- Ability set up proxy for network connection.

http://mementodatabase.com/#desktop

ecp...@gmail.com

May 7, 2016, 8:02:09 AM5/7/16
to mementodatabase
In arch linux:

$ java -jar mementodb.jar
Error: not found or loaded the main class com.luckydroid.mementofx.MementoApp

J.Sando

May 9, 2016, 8:35:00 PM5/9/16
to mementodatabase
Que Tal Pablo!
Todavía no se resuelve el problema, pero Vasya Egorov (al parecer del departamento de soporte) y se comunicó conmigo via mail y me pidió que le mandara el LOG que  genera en la PC cuando corres la aplicación.
Estoy a la espera

Ces Mar

May 11, 2016, 11:56:35 AM5/11/16
to mementodatabase

Hi im having this problem.

Memento was working perfectly, but some day it stops workings, it happens in 7.5 and 8.

Hola buen dia, Mi memento dejo de funcionar, un dia estava trabajando perfectamente, y al siguiente me lanzo este error 1, no se a que se deba, esto me sucede desde la versiion 7.5, hoy instalee la 8 y ni asi se soluciono el problema-

Seb

May 24, 2016, 4:45:16 PM5/24/16
to mementodatabase
Hi All,
I'm new to this so please excuse me if this is a double post.

Some feedback 0.8.2b for devs: Win7x64 on i3 or Win7x86 on z520 = no problems however win7x64 on fx8350:

64-bit gives this error

java.lang.AssertionError: data were read beyond record size, check your serializer
at org.mapdb.Store.deserialize(Store.java:301)
at org.mapdb.StoreDirect.get2(StoreDirect.java:486)
at org.mapdb.StoreWAL.get2(StoreWAL.java:336)
at org.mapdb.StoreWAL.get(StoreWAL.java:320)
at org.mapdb.Caches$HashTable.get(Caches.java:246)
at org.mapdb.EngineWrapper.get(EngineWrapper.java:58)
at org.mapdb.BTreeMap.<init>(BTreeMap.java:541)
at org.mapdb.BTreeMap.preinitCatalog(BTreeMap.java:178)
at org.mapdb.DB.reinit(DB.java:88)
at org.mapdb.DB.<init>(DB.java:83)
at org.mapdb.DBMaker.make(DBMaker.java:704)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.db.Database.init(Database.java:40)
at com.luckydroid.mementofx.MementoApp.start(MementoApp.java:101)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

32-bit gives this error

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Buffer.java:540)
at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.get(HeapByteBuffer.java:139)
at org.mapdb.DataInput2.readUnsignedByte(DataInput2.java:74)
at org.mapdb.DataInput2.unpackLong(DataInput2.java:208)
at org.mapdb.BTreeMap$NodeSerializer.deserialize(BTreeMap.java:464)
[...]

Peter Pan

May 30, 2016, 11:09:03 PM5/30/16
to mementodatabase
Hi,
After saving a hyperlink to an onenote link, the memeto always adds before it a prefix 'HTTP://'  which will deactivate my link.

The purpose I save a hyperlink for a desktop app is that I can open to an app(e.g. onenote or mindmanager) with a specific note.
However, if there is a profix before my link, it couldn't open anything when I click the hyperlink.
Could you please remain the hypelink the same as origanal or provide a new field type which can save a link to an application.
Thanks.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

jose.ro...@solediesel.com

May 31, 2016, 7:28:16 AM5/31/16
to mementodatabase
I have some troubles. The database works perfectly on tablet and Android but not in the desktop version

Capme1.JPG
Capme2.JPG

Rachael Broderick

Jun 6, 2016, 4:31:17 PM6/6/16
to mementodatabase
Hi, have just downloaded the 64 bit desktop for Windows and all seems to be syncing fine with me android smartphone - however have noticed that my 'Favourites' on the handset are not syncing with the 'Favourites' tab in the desktop version - this is the only issue I am finding but would be so useful if they synced!

Many thanks

Rachael :)

mrobot

Jun 12, 2016, 6:47:26 AM6/12/16
to mementodatabase
Hello,

Trying to launch the app on Linux (java -jar mementodb.jar) I get the following message :

Error: Could not find or load main class com.luckydroid.mementofx.MementoApp

Any ideas? JRE 8 is installed.

Thank you for your help.

Trevor Froggatt

Jun 22, 2016, 10:49:53 AM6/22/16
to mementodatabase
Hi Great news about a desktop version I have been waiting for this.

I have tried to upload libraries (using Beta 8.1) and get the 'upload subordinate libraries' however in my database (Library group) I have 16 libraries with many links between the libraries (some circular links) and hence can never upload all the libraries ?

Any suggestions

Thanks Trev

ecp...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2016, 6:23:50 AM7/6/16
to mementodatabase
Desktop version 8 in Linux :

$ java -jar mementodb.jar
Error: no se ha encontrado o cargado la clase principal com.luckydroid.mementofx.MementoApp

Why? JRE8 is run.

Joseph McFadden

Aug 14, 2016, 10:53:55 AM8/14/16
to mementodatabase
Ok so Memento was a great Mobile app to start with.  The addition of the Desktop App makes it Darn near indispensable. The Auto Sync is great and the ability to now build DBs on the desktop makes this about the best personal DB around.  Thanks for the great product...BTW the addition of the Desktop app made an upgrade to PRO make sense.

dale.ar...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2016, 10:06:27 PM8/19/16
to mementodatabase
I have purchased the PRO license for Memento for my Android phone. The desktop says I have the lite version. Does my Android version also apply to the desktop version? If so, how do I tell the desktop version I have purchased the PRO key?

Daniel Schlieckmann

Sep 5, 2016, 8:28:37 AM9/5/16
to mementodatabase
Memento Database Desktop 1.0.3 Build #2098
Trying to edit a record brings up the following error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: javafx.scene.control.ComboBox cannot be cast to javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.fields.NumberFieldController.bindEditValidator(NumberFieldController.java:120)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.ui.EntryLayoutBuilder$EditEntryFieldBuilder.createField(EntryLayoutBuilder.java:353)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.ViewEntryPageController.addField(ViewEntryPageController.java:62)
 at java.util.stream.Collectors.lambda$toMap$58(Collectors.java:1321)
 at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$3ReducingSink.accept(ReduceOps.java:169)
 at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175)
 at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1374)
 at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
 at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
 at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
 at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
 at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.ViewEntryPageController.setEntry(ViewEntryPageController.java:50)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.ui.EntryLayoutBuilder.buildPage(EntryLayoutBuilder.java:256)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.ui.EntryLayoutBuilder.createTabPagesLayout(EntryLayoutBuilder.java:241)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.ui.EntryLayoutBuilder.createPagesLayout(EntryLayoutBuilder.java:180)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.ui.EntryLayoutBuilder.build(EntryLayoutBuilder.java:97)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.EditEntryControllerBase.buildLayout(EditEntryControllerBase.java:45)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.EditEntryControllerBase.init(EditEntryControllerBase.java:30)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.EditEntryController.init(EditEntryController.java:25)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.stages.EditEntryStage.<init>(EditEntryStage.java:28)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.MementoApp.createEditEntryStage(MementoApp.java:199)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.MementoApp.openEditEntry(MementoApp.java:182)
 at com.luckydroid.mementofx.controllers.LibraryController.lambda$initEntriesListView$148(LibraryController.java:132)
[...]
 at javafx.scene.Scene$ClickGenerator.postProcess(Scene.java:3470)
 at javafx.scene.Scene$ClickGenerator.access$8100(Scene.java:3398)
 at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3766)
 at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
 at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
 at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
 at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:352)
 at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:275)
 at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$354(GlassViewEventHandler.java:388)
 at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
 at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:387)
 at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
 at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)

JokerOnJack

Oct 8, 2016, 9:54:19 AM10/8/16
to mementodatabase
I like the desktop program and would gladly pay for it. My complaint is I have already paid for the android app, I have a Google cloud plan so why in the world would I want to pay a monthly fee to use MEMENTO CLOUD in order to sync more then 3 library's. Talk about sticking it to your customers. You allow the android app to backup to Google Drive so why not allow it to sync the app and desktop program the same. There is no reason that your Windows program cant just be purchased for a price (I'm not saying give it away for free) and allow the user to decide what cloud service they want to use to sync with. I'm sure I cant be the only person who feels this way. Just tell me a price for the desktop program and I will purchase it, its that simple. Don't ruin your program by making it proprietary by forcing us to use your cloud service. You could have a free version of the desktop program for users who would like to buy the MEMENTO Cloud service and a paid version for people who want to use another cloud service. JUST SAYING!!! Its a shame because I really like using your android app but the desktop version is worthless to me.

John C

Oct 9, 2016, 8:45:04 AM10/9/16
to mementodatabase
I don't think the processing is done on the PC. Most of the apps out there use this model. A subscription model.

ntrim

Oct 13, 2016, 2:51:14 AM10/13/16
to mementodatabase
Hi,

Trying to launch the app on Ubuntu 16.04 (java -jar mementodb.jar) I get the following message :

Error: Could not find or load main class com.luckydroid.mementofx.MementoApp

My Java installation is this:

openjdk version "9-internal"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 9-internal+0-2016-04-14-195246.buildd.src)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 9-internal+0-2016-04-14-195246.buildd.src, mixed mode)

Any help?

Alan Hughes

Oct 14, 2016, 7:46:02 PM10/14/16
to mementodatabase
Have you found a way arpund this ? I have the same problem under fedora

Alan Hughes

Oct 14, 2016, 7:46:50 PM10/14/16
to mementodatabase
Hi, have you found a fix for this, I have the same problem under fedora ?

Cheers

ntrim

Oct 15, 2016, 8:04:18 AM10/15/16
to mementodatabase
Yes, I finally did it!

I had no luck with OpenJDK 8 and 9 or Oracle Java 8 and 9 (from Oracle's site).

Today I installed Oracle java 8 from webupd8.org and voila!! All working good.

Follow the instructions here:

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/install-oracle-java-8-in-ubuntu-via-ppa.html

Alan Hughes

Oct 15, 2016, 11:20:30 AM10/15/16
to mementodatabase
Thanks, I used similar instruction on this page to install jre and jdk as I use fedora. download
the with alternatives --config java I chose this one ..

3           /usr/java/jre1.8.0_101/bin/java

and like yourself it works

many thanks for pointing me in right direction and for sorting this problem

Dan Gorgan

Nov 1, 2016, 4:14:08 PM11/1/16
to mementodatabase
MasterMind APP,  Well done guys, and desktop version !!!!!

Yana S.

Nov 8, 2016, 10:43:45 AM11/8/16
to mementodatabase
Hi!
In Russian version of Android Memento, the location address is displayed as the Cyrillic alphabet, but when placing marks in the desktop version the address is displayed in Latin. Is it possible to somehow fix it?

Yana S.

Nov 8, 2016, 10:45:34 AM11/8/16
to mementodatabase
Desktop version is also in Russian except for address.

Bill Crews

Nov 8, 2016, 11:33:39 AM11/8/16
to mementodatabase
Maybe the developer roll read this; maybe not.

I recommend reporting bugs to sup...@MementoDatabase.com.

Monica Delaney

Nov 11, 2016, 5:06:14 AM11/11/16
to mementodatabase
Is the functionality in the desktop version to create Pdf's from entries.

thanks
It is loading more messages.