Relation

Marco Antonio Gismonte

Dec 10, 2018, 7:17:34 AM12/10/18
to mementodatabase
Guys, good morning.
I need help...
I have these two tables

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 10.13.13.jpeg

Table 1

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 10.13.14.jpeg

Table 2

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 10.13.14 (1).jpeg

I need that when I insert data into table 1 and table 2 they have the same fields I need to auto-match. It's possible? Return in list view.

To summarize: I have a house for sale and someone has interest in the house for sale ... I need to appear at my entrance this option.

Did I express myself right?

Bill Crews

Dec 10, 2018, 3:17:01 PM12/10/18
to Marco Antonio Gismonte, mementodatabase
Here's the normal way one would approach a database for what you are doing. Then, we'll talk about your specific question below.

General model...

You have houses for sale. We could call those Houses, unless some are halves of a duplex or apartments, in which case you might call them Homes; I'll call then that.

In Homes, a home might be identified by its street address, though the government agencies usually have a block & lot way of identifying buildings. Let's assume street address with possible unit number, so 123 Main St, #1A might be an identifier. So, we'd have fields Street Address and Unit, both as Entry Names. You might want to set Unique Entry Names (in the Main tab), also. Then other goals will hold whatever info you about a home.

Then, you have interested buyers; let's call them Prospects. They may be identified by last & first name, but I'm not the only Bill Crews in the world, so what? Hospitals generally use the name plus a birthdate. Government agencies generally use Social Security Number. Businesses usually give up and just use a Customer Number and let the salesperson make sure it's unique. Unless one of the other two makes more sense to you, I suggest an Entry Name field called Prospect Number. When you start a new one, just tie it to other things to make it unique. Nowadays, email address is the best. Or mobile phone number. (People share land lines, not cell phones.) Make sure each entry is for a unique person; Memento can help you with this if you set the library on the Main tab as Unique Entry Names.

So, a Prospects library with a Prospect Number and maybe also an Email Address. Now, link that to the homes for sale? We normally use a Link to Entry field for things like that. You have to decide whether you mainly want to see prospects for a home or homes for a prospect, though you'll want both. I suggest keeping homes static (not changing much) and let prospects be dynamic (changing more). So, you might put the Link to Entry field in Prospects, maybe called Candidates, linking to the homes you are pitching to them. When you pitch a home to a prospect for the first time, you add the home from Homes library to the Candidates Link to Entry field by editing the Prospect and pissing the Plus icon in the Candidates field. The rest of the Prospects fields contain anything you like about the prospect.

What you've said...

So seem to want to duplicate all the information about a home whenever you start to pitch it to a new prospect. I don't advise that. If you ever change a home to be maybe 1600 sq ft instead of 1400 sq ft, you'll have it different it in different libraries OR you'll have a big, error-prone process (maybe a script) to manage to keep them in sync. Just point the prospect at the home you want her to consider.

If you really, really want to clone a home for every project that might be considering it, you'd need multiple scripts (JavaScript) to try to keep them all in sync every time you change anything about a home. Not advised.

Hopefully, this helps. If not, let us know, and I'll try again.
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 10.13.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 10.13.14 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 10.13.13.jpeg

Marco Antonio Gismonte

Dec 11, 2018, 6:35:56 AM12/11/18
to mementodatabase
Tks Bill...

In fact I just wanted to return in a field when I entered something similar to what I asked for.
I will not have many fields only, as I would only validate by type (home) and value. I'll see if I can somehow ...

Bill Crews

Dec 11, 2018, 7:39:20 AM12/11/18
to Marco Antonio Gismonte, mementodatabase
Marco, I still can't tell what you're trying to do. If I guess correctly, you might want to read about Autofill in the wiki (wiki.MementoDatabase.com). Try the Library Edit Card (or Screen) and the Custom Data Sources wiki pages.

Marco Antonio Gismonte

Dec 11, 2018, 9:32:27 AM12/11/18
to mementodatabase
Bill, sorry I can not express myself right ...
I'll try to explain it another way:

- I have a request for a home in the amount of 1000
- You have a home offer worth 1000
- And another person also has a house offer worth 1000

I need to receive in some field:
"We have 2 houses worth 1000's for your request"
OR
"Id" this is what you are looking for.
And being able to click and open the offer.

There are few fields that I will use:
Id
Type (house, apartment ...)
Sell or Rent