What is the difference between the Desktop Lite and the Desktop Full version

Taeke

Jan 4, 2017, 8:31:13 AM1/4/17
to mementodatabase
I already had the Pro Android version and yesterday I bought the Pro Cloud Storage subsciption and implicitely expected a Desktop Full version with charts. Charts do not seem to be implemented in the Desktop Full version. I am a bit disappointed by that. Can I downgrade to the Lite Cloud Storage subscription and if yes, what functionality will disappear from the Desktop version.

Amundsf

Jan 5, 2017, 7:05:15 AM1/5/17
to mementodatabase
I'm having pro key from Google Play store and lite as cloud subscription plan. Gives me full access in desktop.

As I understand it does pro subscription plan give more space and don't need to purchase pro i play store. No difference in functionality.

Bill Crews

Jan 5, 2017, 10:24:26 AM1/5/17
to mementodatabase
It does say on the Pricing page at MementoDatabase.com that the free and Lite versions use the Lite desktop client and that the Pro and ProPlus versions use the Full desktop client.

That's the only hint we get that there is some difference between desktop clients. Does anyone have any guesses at any differences between them? Did any of you find that you could do more things after you upgraded to the Pro version of the Cloud?

John C

Jan 5, 2017, 9:56:00 PM1/5/17
to mementodatabase
Theres no calendar or groups or charts on the desktop.

You can't order the libraries either. Works pretty good though. I don't use charts too much anyway.

Don't seem to be able to add values realtime to single lists etc. And the part about displaying already entered values to complete doesn't seem to be there. Also no link to Google sheets.

Bill Crews

Jan 5, 2017, 10:09:02 PM1/5/17
to mementodatabase
I assume you're using the Full Desktop Edition, right? The one that goes with the Pro or ProPlus Cloud?

Or is it the Lite one that goes with the free or Lite Cloud?

John C

Jan 5, 2017, 10:15:45 PM1/5/17
to mementodatabase
I don't really know what I use but I do believe I have all the features. I pay 3$ a month.

If there was something else I could buy I would.

Bill Crews

Jan 5, 2017, 11:01:19 PM1/5/17
to mementodatabase
$3/month is the rate for the Lite version of the Cloud, which employs the Lite version of the Desktop client. Of the features you list as missing, I wonder what features the Full version has? We have no way of knowing, unless someone reading this with the Pro or ProPlus version will tell us.

Amundsf

Jan 6, 2017, 5:46:29 AM1/6/17
to mementodatabase
I lost my subscription due to credit card issues. Then the program looks normal but when trying to do something a message box is given "you don't have license for this".

Would think that it would be the same from lite to pro? Maybe the difference isn't ready yet? Or Vasya choosed another path than he thought?

Anyway, no other way to know then you say Bill.

mandraek

Jan 6, 2017, 7:38:10 AM1/6/17
to mementodatabase
Its very confusing and it would be very helpful to see what the differences are. I voted for this https://memento.uservoice.com/forums/110673-general/suggestions/17278181-create-a-detailed-comparison-chart-showing-differe

I have the Pro version $6/month but sadly I am still mostly unaware of the differences!  I cannot title fields via the desktop, there are no charts as far as I can see, no grouping etc. Does anyone have an idea that I could try out to see if it works?

Bill Crews

Jan 6, 2017, 9:35:31 AM1/6/17
to mementodatabase
I'm trying to build client feature matrices in the wiki -- mobile free vs mobile pro vs desktop lite vs desktop full. So, I'm trying to build the feature list in the first place, and then trying to figure out which editions & versions support which features to what extent.

It's a little hard, since I have access personally only to the mobile pro beta and the desktop full. One thing that would be very helpful is to know all the cases that result in "You don't have license for this".

So, my request is, for all those reading this, is whenever one gets "You don't have license for this", could you send me what attempt caused this and what release (like 1.0.7) of what desktop (lite or full) you're using at the time?

Also, if there is any feature you're using on the desktop that you find missing on mobile, the same thing -- what feature, what desktop release & version, and what mobile release & version?

That would be really great, and I'll reward everyone with a matrix or two in the wiki soon after.

aengus...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2017, 3:23:59 AM1/7/17
to mementodatabase
Just from a quick check on Desktop Lite 1.0.7, trying to create a Favorite, Filter, or Group entries or trying to Import from/Export to a CSV file informs me that that feature is only available on the Full version.

Bill Crews

Jan 7, 2017, 6:52:44 AM1/7/17
to mementodatabase
Excellent info. Hard for me to get. Thanks!

John C

Jan 7, 2017, 9:21:17 AM1/7/17
to mementodatabase
The difference seems to be 3$

Bill Crews

Jan 7, 2017, 1:19:42 PM1/7/17
to mementodatabase
I had thought the $3 difference was for cloud storage, but the Lite-to-Full client tariff upgrade seems also to be part of the deal.

-bc

John C

Jan 7, 2017, 2:18:28 PM1/7/17
to mementodatabase
A bit of a light hearted joke. ;)

mandraek

Jan 14, 2017, 4:53:07 AM1/14/17
to mementodatabase
There are no controls for encryption settings on the desktop pro version, I have setup encryption on the android side, but on the desktop side there are no indicators that it is actually in place, no password signin or ability to set encryption

Sergei Zaitseff

Jul 1, 2017, 9:35:51 AM7/1/17
to mementodatabase
Official wiki table tells little difference between desktop lite and full versions: http://wiki.mementodatabase.com/index.php/Memento_Clients

Bill Crews

Jul 1, 2017, 11:33:30 AM7/1/17
to mementodatabase
The empty cells are Unknown. I've heard from NO ONE of any further information to update the page.