NEW ALBUM in GALLERY FOR EVER PHOTO

POMPEY DOMPY

May 25, 2023, 8:01:35 PM5/25/23
to mementodatabase
For every photo that I have attached text to and saved in momento database it creates a new album in my gallery.  Now I have about 200 albums and it has become a royal pain to get to the photos I want to get to.  WHY does moment create a new album for each picture ?
Are there settings for this someplace ?

Bill Crews

May 25, 2023, 9:00:37 PM5/25/23
to POMPEY DOMPY, mementodatabase
If Memento creates that are albums rather than entries or libraries, I hope someone will teach me what these features are, how Memento defines an album, and how the features are reported to operate.

Thanks in advance.

On Thu, May 25, 2023, 8:01 PM POMPEY DOMPY <file...@gmail.com> wrote:
For every photo that I have attached text to and saved in momento database it creates a new album in my gallery.  Now I have about 200 albums and it has become a royal pain to get to the photos I want to get to.  WHY does moment create a new album for each picture ?
Are there settings for this someplace ?

Beth Dixon

May 25, 2023, 9:23:10 PM5/25/23
to POMPEY DOMPY, mementodatabase
Hello POMPEY

I would check the settings on your phone, not Memento.  My photos are not saved to my gallery as albums.  I take a photo, save it to an entry in Memento and then I can delete the photo from the Android gallery with out losing it in Memento.

Beth

On Thu, May 25, 2023, 8:01 p.m. POMPEY DOMPY <file...@gmail.com> wrote:
For every photo that I have attached text to and saved in momento database it creates a new album in my gallery.  Now I have about 200 albums and it has become a royal pain to get to the photos I want to get to.  WHY does moment create a new album for each picture ?
Are there settings for this someplace ?

- Beth

Joshua Gerloff

Jun 6, 2023, 5:38:25 PM6/6/23
to POMPEY DOMPY, mementodatabase
I use photos heavily in my libraries and I use the native Memento photo option. It does create a photo folder in memento/library.files that is only accessible via desktop link.

But you make it sound like you are only working in one library and it's creating a new folder each time. That's never happened to me before.

I would contact support.