Trying to just see how many days have elapsed from a start date. Really lost.

David J

Jan 12, 2018, 2:33:05 PM1/12/18
to mementodatabase
I'm tracking product usage. I purchase a product on DATE and I just want to see how much time has elapsed since purchase date.

So far, I can make it kind of work with an end date:

datediff(#{end date}, #{purchase date})

That gives me this: https://i.imgur.com/FIXs4O8.jpg

I'd like a way to pretty it up a bit. '-9' is a bit annoying. How do I make this not suck? Is it possible to get elapsed days without an end date? I tried the now() function, but I have no idea what I'm doing. The wiki information isn't making it clear to me and I'm a bit dense.

My next step is calculating cost by day/week/year/whatever.

Adorable Wolf

Jan 14, 2018, 12:54:13 PM1/14/18
to mementodatabase
datediff(#{purchase date}, now()) in calculation field worked for me when tested on the go.

Craig

Jan 17, 2018, 8:30:34 PM1/17/18
to mementodatabase
You could try relativeTimeStr()