Is there a way to sync filters between devices?

Marc A

Jan 16, 2018, 6:05:04 AM1/16/18
to mementodatabase
I'm developing several Databases in memento using them in 2 devices, so I sync them with the Memento Cloud. But one thing I find most annoying is having to replicate the filter configuration in each device. Every time I make the database more usable by adjusting the filters and filter tabs, I have to do it in both devices, as Memento does not replicate these changes

The filter configuration, especially when there are some tabs included, is a big part of the usability design of the database. So I can't understand why it isn't possible to replicate them.

Am I missing some feature that allows to do this tedious part of synching?

Thanks!

Bill Crews

Jan 16, 2018, 12:08:39 PM1/16/18
to Marc A, mementodatabase
I don't know the total answer, but I agree with you. My understanding is that, when there are multiple users of a database, each user may prefer her own methods of sorting, filtering, grouping, charting, etc, so the settings are not clobbered with someone else's preferences.

Personally, I think it ought to be a setting. I think there may be a proposal in Memento.UserVoice.com for that; I'm not sure. You might want to check.

Marc A

Jan 16, 2018, 9:32:13 PM1/16/18
to mementodatabase
Thanks Bill. Before asking here I searched for it in the UserVoice but I didn't find it.

I've double-checked it again, looking for the keyword "filter" and still can't see any entry asking for this. So I've opened it as a new one:

I've found one request that I also miss very much working with filters -being able to create and access views, not just filters-... but it does not have many votes.

Thanks again!