Persistent on-screen messages?

Jeff Smith

Sep 30, 2021, 11:01:10 AM9/30/21
to mementodatabase
I have what should be a very simple need: I'm already displaying the message I need to display, but it appears briefly as a toast, whereas I need it to stay on screen until it's dismissed. I'd prefer that it be displayed full screen, if possible, and ideally, I'd also like to be able to control the font style. But I could live with just modal behavior if that's all I can get.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding anything helpful about this in the documentation. Memento JS doesn't seem to offer an alert() or confirm() message function to provide a more persistent dialog, so I'll ask here. Any suggestions?

Jefferson Smith
Canadian fantasy author and host of ImmerseOrDie indie book reviews
https://creativityhacker.ca

Er Mo

Sep 30, 2021, 1:26:59 PM9/30/21
to mementodatabase
Hallo Jefferson Smith
Das ist leider in Memento nicht möglich . Du kannst aber einen Vorschlag einreichen in ( http://memento.uservoice.com ) und abstimmen lassen .

Hello Jefferson Smith
Unfortunately, this is not possible in Memento. But you can submit a proposal in (http://memento.uservoice.com) and have it voted.

Bill Crews

Sep 30, 2021, 1:33:05 PM9/30/21
to Jeff Smith, mementodatabase
You told us what you're NOT calling or CAN'T call, but missed it if you told us what you're calling to get the message displayed. If it's in a trigger or action script, and if you're calling the message() global function to display the message, then that's the way it works, and there are no other options to it to say to persist, etc.

Now if you're displaying the message within the Memento user interface, like an error message from a data validation error, I know less about these, and there could be an option or something, but I don't know of any, and I don't know that there aren't such things.