Memento and DBpedia

Patrick van Kleef

Jan 7, 2019, 3:41:30 PM1/7/19
to Memento Development
I was checking some headers on dbpedia.org pages such as

    http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia

which includes a HTTP Header containing a HTTP Link header that contains the following:

    Link: <http://mementoarchive.lanl.gov/dbpedia/timegate/http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia>; rel="timegate"

however when i dereference this link i see that the last page this project has cached was:

   /memento/20151001000000/dbpedia/http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia

Can someone from development let me know why i am not seeing any newer pages being archived?

If the link url pattern we currently use is out of date then let me know the new url pattern to use, so i can update dbpedia.org with this information.

Patrick van Kleef

---
DBpedia.org webmaster

Harihar Shankar

Jan 7, 2019, 7:34:19 PM1/7/19
to memen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention. We are using the datasets provided at https://wiki.dbpedia.org/develop/datasets to create our dbpedia archives. We were missing the 2016-04 and 2016-10 datasets from our collection and we have now added the 2016-04 dataset:

We will begin processing the 2016-10 dataset and make that available as well soon.

The TimeGate link URL pattern you are using is out-of-date and we have put in redirects in our old server to make it still work. If you could please update the URL pattern to http://dbpedia.mementodepot.org/timegate/http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia, it would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Harish

--

---

Patrick van Kleef

Jan 8, 2019, 8:51:03 AM1/8/19
to Memento Development
Hi Harish,

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention. We are using the datasets provided at https://wiki.dbpedia.org/develop/datasets to create our dbpedia archives. We were missing the 2016-04 and 2016-10 datasets from our collection and we have now added the 2016-04 dataset:

We will begin processing the 2016-10 dataset and make that available as well soon.

Great

The TimeGate link URL pattern you are using is out-of-date and we have put in redirects in our old server to make it still work. If you could please update the URL pattern to http://dbpedia.mementodepot.org/timegate/http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia, it would be much appreciated.

I have updated the pages to use:

Link:    <http://dbpedia.mementodepot.org/timegate/http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia>; rel="timegate"

Is there a status URL where i can see which datasets have been updated?

---
Patrick van Kleef
OpenLink Software

Harihar Shankar

Jan 9, 2019, 10:55:02 AM1/9/19
to memen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 6:51 AM Patrick van Kleef <pkl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Harish,

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention. We are using the datasets provided at https://wiki.dbpedia.org/develop/datasets to create our dbpedia archives. We were missing the 2016-04 and 2016-10 datasets from our collection and we have now added the 2016-04 dataset:

We will begin processing the 2016-10 dataset and make that available as well soon.

Great

The TimeGate link URL pattern you are using is out-of-date and we have put in redirects in our old server to make it still work. If you could please update the URL pattern to http://dbpedia.mementodepot.org/timegate/http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia, it would be much appreciated.

I have updated the pages to use:

Link:    <http://dbpedia.mementodepot.org/timegate/http://dbpedia.org/page/DBpedia>; rel="timegate"

Great, thanks a lot for this.

Is there a status URL where i can see which datasets have been updated?

I believe this is the closest we have to a status page that shows all the available datasets: http://fragments.mementodepot.org/

Cheers,
Harish

---