memento support

ghost archive

Sep 7, 2021, 10:20:56 AM9/7/21
to Memento Development
Hi all

We now are in the process of memento support. We have quite a bit of archived pages so we wanted to make this available.   We have time map support already (mostly) - example here: http://ghostarchive.org/search?term=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhO2lncvBg&memento=timemap - timegate support coming soon.

One question i do have is of the question of "transformations" - some of our pages are transformed from its original presentation, whether its through inlining  or through page extraction (e.g: Youtube videos are transformed into a easier to use/parse page like this one: https://ghostarchive.org/varchive/7GhO2lncvBg). While the presentation is different, the content is the same. I wonder how that fits into memento web protocol, even if it fits in at all.