"im_" in links in wayback data

cheyrn

Nov 16, 2018, 7:57:45 AM11/16/18
to Memento Development
When I retrieve a memento from archive.org images are often represented like this:

/web//20020330125940im_/http://example.com:80/mc-main.jpg

which doesn't resolve. If I remove "im_", it has resolved when I have tried, e.g.:

Is that intentional?

Kendall

Michael Nelson

Nov 16, 2018, 10:15:12 AM11/16/18
to 'cheyrn' via Memento Development

for completeness, I'm putting the link to my answer to Kendall's question
that I answered elsewhere (before his mesg went through):

http://ws-dl.blogspot.com/2013/07/2013-07-15-wayback-machine-upgrades.html?showComment=1542338303654#c2541716992995976876

short answer: it should not make a difference if "im_" is there or not.

I'm not sure if the examples you give below are supposed to be real or
constructed; when I turn them into:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020330125940im_/http://example.com:80/mc-main.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20020330125940/http://example.com:80/mc-main.jpg

both give 404; the first (with "im_") is just a 0 length 404, and the 2nd
gives a pretty html page saying the same thing.

regards,

Michael
> --
>
> ---

----
Michael L. Nelson m...@cs.odu.edu http://www.cs.odu.edu/~mln/
Dept of Computer Science, Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA 23529
+1 757 683 6393 +1 757 683 4900 (f)