Library of Congress Mementos

Gina Jones

Nov 3, 2016, 9:04:42 AM11/3/16
to Memento Development
Hi, trying to get an understanding of what we should be seeing in TimeTravel.  Michael Neubert wants to do a blog post here at the Library on this.
We see your IP pinging our archives, so my expectation is that I should see what we have?

If you look at
http://timetravel.mementoweb.org/list/20140101225806/http://www.house.gov
you see our mementos.

But ours aren’t listed there at all for padems.

http://webarchive.loc.gov/all/*/http://padems.com/

or

http://webarchive.loc.gov/all/20150715000000*/http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

I can explore further, but want to get a sense of what we should be seeing.

Thanks, Gina

Harihar Shankar

Nov 3, 2016, 1:18:06 PM11/3/16
to memen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gina,

You are correct, you should be seeing the LoC mementos for these URIs in the TimeTravel portal. However, this service has been getting a lot of traffic off late, and the background process that performs a thorough search of all the archives, including the LoC, has a lot of URIs in its queue and is lagging. You should be able to see the LoC mementos when this process is caught up.

Meanwhile, you can see the LoC mementos for these URIs in the TimeMap service that we run in a separate server:

Regards,
Harish

--

---