Limit of FIMO ouput

Aoi Summer

Nov 7, 2016, 5:51:45 AM11/7/16
to MEME Suite Q&A
I used FIMO to find motifs in whole genome and set p-value threshold to 1.0E-4, but it seemed the limit of FIMO output text was 80,000 rows.
What can I do to get the whole result except to divide it.
THANKS!

CharlesEGrant

Nov 7, 2016, 3:24:43 PM11/7/16
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
Using a p-value threshold when scanning an entire genome runs into the problem of multiple testing. It probably doesn't make sense to scan a full genome with a p-value of 1e-4. Most of those 80,000 rows will simply be chance matches to the motif and not biologically relevant.

These postings on the MEME Q&A site may be helpful: