MEME errors: 'psp_sum > 0' failed and (core dumped)

Sarah Lerch

Apr 14, 2018, 12:22:31 PM4/14/18
to MEME Suite Q&A
I am running the discriminative version of MEME on the command line and have been getting the following error when MEME attempts to generate the first motif:

meme: ../psp.c:328: psp_renormalize: Assertion `psp_sum > 0' failed.
./MEME_script.sh: line 23: 28364 Aborted                 (core dumped) meme

The psp file I'm attempting to use seems complete and all of sequences have psp values which sum to >0. All sequences shorter than my minw have been removed from the fasta files as well.

Below is the code I am running. This same code has worked fine for other files, the one difference is that these fasta files are a little larger (pos= 678 KB, neg=2,551 KB).

#!/bin/bash

export PATH=$HOME/meme/bin:$PATH

psp-gen -pos seqs_positive.fasta -neg seqs_negative.fasta -minw 100 -maxw 200 -protein > seqs.psp

meme seqs_positive.fasta  -psp seqs.psp -protein -mod zoops -nmotifs 30 -minw 100 -maxw 200 -maxsize 200000000 -oc output_folder

Any help would be much appreciated!

Pramod Bharadwaj C

Apr 17, 2018, 1:11:50 PM4/17/18
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi,

I am facing the same problem since yesterday. Did you figure out what was the problem

CharlesEGrant

Apr 17, 2018, 4:12:44 PM4/17/18
to MEME Suite Q&A
Could you attach or forward us a copy of the input sequences? That would help us troubleshoot the problem.
Message has been deleted