Interpretation of PWM score in AME

Jin Hyeon An

Apr 1, 2019, 9:19:20 AM4/1/19
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi, I use AME through web, to discover which motifs are enriched for my sequences.

In AME result, I can get FASTA score and PWM score in sequence.tsv.

In this point, I have question about how should I interpret these score which is described as the value of the score used to label(or classify) it as positive in website.

Could I think PWM score as representative value how much that TF combined to given sequences which have that TF's motif?

My second question is that is there any method to normalize extremely high PWM value?

In my result, I get PWM score '13612000' for ZN770 which is very very high compared to other values.

Although ZN770 is first rank in enriched motif, I think it is strange...

Please let me know that value is ok or it needs to be normalized.

Thank you.

Jin Hyeon