Genome

Yash Patel

Apr 3, 2024, 1:22:22 PMApr 3
to MEME Suite Q&A

I am looking for the harbour seal genome for the Fimo tool, but I can’t find it there. When uploading a downloaded genome file which has extension .fna it says no sequences found even though its in fasta format in .fna file. Can you help me how I can solve this issue and get the harbour seal genome?

cegrant

Apr 3, 2024, 1:24:50 PMApr 3
to MEME Suite Q&A
Uploads to the public web applications are limited to 80MB (noted at the bottom of the web page). I’d imagine that the Harbour Seal genome is on the order of gigabases. You won’t be able to upload it to the public web application.

Installing a local copy of the MEME Suite would allow you to use whatever data sources you like. The easiest way to install a local copy of the MEME Suite software is by using the provided Docker image. This does require installing running Docker on you local machine. The other options for installing a local copy are described on the download page. The instructions for compiling the software locally are here.