Motiph error

Delbert Boncan

Mar 22, 2024, 2:27:44 PMMar 22
to MEME Suite Q&A
  Hi all. I'd like to seek for your help for a possible solution to an error I'm currently experiencing with Motiph. Running it at default params has so far resulted in a non-zero exit status: "FATAL: Memory exhausted.  Cannot allocate 8 bytes.". I've so far tried reducing the input and verifying whether input files were correct. I've checked this Q&A group whether there has been an existing similar report, but it seems like this is the first such error for Motiph. I believe I've exhausted all possible means to address this error on my end, and any help/pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

cegrant

Mar 22, 2024, 2:54:10 PMMar 22
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi Delbert,

We don't support motiph. It was an experimental project that we never really achieved any interesting results from. As I recall the issue was that the variability of the unconstrained positions in the motifs drowned out any additional information coming from the phylogeny.  We include it in the source for the MEME Suite in case anyone finds it sufficiently interesting to want to pick up where we left off.

Charles

Delbert Boncan

Mar 23, 2024, 1:25:52 PMMar 23
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi Charles, thanks for the helpful response! Will recalibrate to see what I can do next from here.