ceqlogo error "No motifs were specified"

Arun Prasanna

Feb 11, 2017, 8:31:58 AM2/11/17
to MEME Suite Q&A
Hi,
I tried to create logos with ceqlogo. My input is motif file with 30 motifs in minimal MEME format. With the following command, I got "No motifs specified".  Can anyone help ?
./ceqlogo -i MEME.meme-io -o logo.eps -f EPS.

Thanks.

CharlesEGrant

Feb 11, 2017, 2:40:13 PM2/11/17
to MEME Suite Q&A
Here is the documentation for the ceqlogo command: http://meme-suite.org/doc/ceqlogo.html

You have to specify which motifs in a file you  want to create logograms for.  You can do this using the '-m' or the '-i' command line options:

ceqlogo -i2  chen2008.meme  -o logo.eps
ceqlogo -iCTCF  chen2008.meme  -o logo.eps

or

ceqlogo -i chen2008.meme -m1   -o logo.eps
ceqlogo -i chen2008.meme -mCTCF   -o logo.eps

Notice that you can specify the motif using its  ordinal index in the file, or the name given on the MOTIF line.

If you want to create a logogram for multiple motifs you can repeat the arguments:

ceqlogo -i2  chen2008.meme -i3 chen2008.meme  -o logo.eps
ceqlogo -i chen2008.meme -m1   -m2 -o logo.eps