tomtom error

Li Jie

Feb 18, 2024, 11:28:32 PMFeb 18
to MEME Suite Q&A
I am trying to use the MEME suite Docker based on Windows 11. I used tomtom for motif comparison, but there has a error occured。

error message:

Parsing arguments

Arguments OK

Starting Tom

Tom no SSC oc- Verbosity 1- min overlap 5- dist pearson - evalue - thread 10.0 human_2.meme db/CIS BP_2.00/Homo_sapiens.meme

Ran out of time! Stopping Tom

Tom process die with signal 15, without cordump

cegrant

Feb 18, 2024, 11:47:17 PMFeb 18
to MEME Suite Q&A
It looks like you are running Tomtom through the web application. The web application limits jobs to four hours running time. Your job apparently took longer than that. If  you want to run longer jobs you'll have to use the command line version of Tomtom. This is also accessible from the MEME Suite Docker container. This is described in the section titled "Using the MEME Suite command line tools via Docker" on the MEME Suite Docker Hub page. It's very unusual for Tomtom to take that long though. It usually indicates that you have a large number of motifs in the query set. The running time for Tomtom grows quadratically in the number of motifs. If the number of query motifs is too large there may be a multiple testing issue as well.