Visual display of motif occurrences

Gavriel Matt

Dec 5, 2018, 9:18:58 AM12/5/18
to MEME Suite Q&A
I have identified occurrences of a motif within a set of FASTA sequences using the FIMO tool. I now would like to visualize where within each sequence the motif is found. Does anyone know of a tool/method for visualizing motif occurrences?

Thank you very much.

cegrant

Dec 5, 2018, 5:11:09 PM12/5/18
to MEME Suite Q&A
The MEME Suite doesn't provide any tools for visualizing FIMO output. However, one of the outputs of FIMO is a GFF file. This can be uploaded to the UCSC or ENSEMBL genome browsers as a custom track (assuming you've provided genomic coordinates for your sequences, and the underlying genome is one of those supported by the browser).