MEME Version Update

cyouh95

May 18, 2016, 9:29:49 PM5/18/16
to MEME Suite Q&A, Jingyi Li (Jessica), Matthew Yasuo Pecot
Hello all,

I am using MCAST for a project and have noticed that I am obtaining different outputs using Version 4.11.1 and 4.11.2, even when I used the exact same inputs and parameters for the searches. For example, in one of the searches where I supplied the same motif and sequence files and used the same search parameters (hit p-value < 0.0005, spacing <= 50, match E-value < 10.0), these are the results I got back for Version 4.11.1 and 4.11.2. I was wondering what might be the cause of this discrepancy.

Thank you!
Crystal

CharlesEGrant

May 19, 2016, 6:37:12 PM5/19/16
to MEME Suite Q&A, j...@stat.ucla.edu, Matthe...@hms.harvard.edu
Hi Crystal,

Thanks for letting us know about the problem! It looks like we introduced a bug into MCAST with the update to MEME Suite 4.11.2. We're working on tracking it down and should have a patch shortly. In the meantime you should use the 4.11.1 version of MCAST (available by clicking on the "Previous Version" button at the bottom of the side bar menu. That button is labeled 4.10.2 (another bug), but will take you to 4.11.1.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, and we'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Charles