installation problem

zhangshen...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 1:58:47 AM8/28/14
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I download MEME_4.10.0 and run it in OSX 10.9.4,but it shows some error when I make it:

duplicate symbol _mts_lrand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

duplicate symbol _mts_llrand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

duplicate symbol _mts_drand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

duplicate symbol _mts_ldrand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

duplicate symbol _mt_lrand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

duplicate symbol _mt_llrand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

duplicate symbol _mt_drand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

duplicate symbol _mt_ldrand in:

    gomo-gomo.o

    gomo-mtwist.o

ld: 8 duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64

make[4]: *** [gomo] Error 1

make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make: *** [all] Error 2

I really don't know how to handle this problem,can you help me out of this problem.Thanks!

CharlesEGrant

Sep 4, 2014, 6:22:48 PM9/4/14
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
This is a problem we've seen before on recent versions of the Apple C compiler. In the last few years apple has switched from the GCC compiler to clang, and they are not entirely compatible.

I've included a patch file, mtwist.patch, that should fix the problem. Copy the patch file to the root directory of the MEME Suite distribution. Then run the commands:

patch -p1 -i mtwist.patch

You should see the message: "patching file src/mtwist.h"

Run the command

make

and the build should run correctly this time.
mtwist.patch

batma...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2014, 7:00:33 AM11/13/14
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for this patch! It works. Perhaps it should be included in the distribution.

CharlesEGrant

Nov 24, 2014, 2:15:36 PM11/24/14
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
It will definitely be included in the next release.

Zhuoning Li

Dec 2, 2014, 3:54:56 PM12/2/14
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm having the same problem when making MEME_4.10.0_1 or 4.10.0_2, except I'm running it in OS X Yosemite. I got it working on OS X 10.9 but not Yosemite. Could you help me with it?

Thanks,
Zhuoning

Camilo Parada Rojas

Jul 23, 2018, 9:07:42 PM7/23/18
to MEME Suite Q&A
 Hi,

I try to use the patch but I keep getting this:

Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -r ee5e17863dd7 src/mtwist.h
|--- a/src/mtwist.h     Tue Aug 12 17:18:01 2014 -0700
|+++ b/src/mtwist.h     Wed Aug 13 17:57:33 2014 -0700
--------------------------
File to patch:

Is there anything I am doing wrong. I downloaded the patch into the meme_4.9.1 folder.

and from the comand line:

 patch -p1 -i mtwist.patch

Please can you help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Camilo

CharlesEGrant

Jul 24, 2018, 5:39:34 PM7/24/18
to meme-...@googlegroups.com
The MEME Suite 4.9.1 is almost five years old. The current version of the MEME Suite is MEME Suite 5.0.1, which can be downloaded here. This patch is not needed for the current release.

Also, patches are generally version specific. The mtwist.h file was not part of the MEME Suite source until version 4.10.0. The patch fails on version 4.9.1 because there is no mtwist.h file in that version.

What is the underlying problem you are trying to solve?