newbie question

Vid Luther

Jan 25, 2010, 12:44:55 PM1/25/10
to memcachedb
Hi,
I've got memcacheq working locally, but I'm having some issues with
basic terminology/concepts I think.

I can create a queue, and add items to the queue, I can also get items
from the queue. Is there a way I can delete an individual item from
the queue ?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Multiple Queue names (gofindx, gofindy, dox, etc..)

I want to connect to the system and look for the next thing I'm
supposed to find, once I've found it, I do some work, and when I'm
done, I want to delete that one item from the queue.

Is this possible with memcacheq? Or should I be looking at something
else?

Steve Chu

Jan 25, 2010, 9:31:48 PM1/25/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
If you got one from head of queue, the item will be deleted
automatically by daemon. It is your responsibility to make sure you
have processed the message reliably, I mean you should consider
message consumer crashes.

> --

Best Regards,

Steve Chu