MemcacheQ 0.2.0 is released

Steve Chu

Dec 9, 2009, 6:16:35 AM12/9/09
to memca...@googlegroups.com, memc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all,

Long time since last release, anyway we got new release. This version
supports the new per-queue statistics which helps us to get the length
of queue instantly and know all pops and pushes that we have done.
This is very useful in production and make us take full control of our
application data flow. We design the stats carefully, and no
performance loss.

Here's ChangeLog of version 0.2.0:

2009-12-09 Steve Chu <stv...@gmail.com>
* the multiple queue map code is rewritten, now we support instant
per-queue statistics. telnet and type 'stats queue' command for
detail.
* tools are added for 'stats queue', check 'tools/'.
* a new option(-R) is added to remove useless transaction log automatically.
* some code clearup

Download the latest version from:
http://code.google.com/p/memcacheq/downloads/list

MemcacheQ is a damn simple queue service over memcache protocol. It
has powered the firm message backend in Sina
MicroBlog(新浪微博)(http://t.sina.com.cn) which is a very popular
micro-blogging service in China.

Check http://memcachedb.org/memcacheq/ for more detail.

Remember that version 0.2.0 is not compatible with preview version,
you should switch the message producer to new queue system, then
consume the messages from old version before you consume the new
messages.

Any feedback is appreciated:P

--
Best Regards,

Steve Chu
http://stvchu.org

Andriy Bohdan

Dec 25, 2009, 7:13:30 AM12/25/09
to memcachedb
Hi Steve

What does these values in stats acutally mean ? Sorry, I couldn't
find an answer in docs.

I got the following statistics for one queue:

stats queue
STAT tbl_hit 130357/130350
END

Does this mean that there are 7 elements left in queue?

Thanks!

On 9 дек, 13:16, Steve Chu <stv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Long time since last release, anyway we got new release. This version

> supports the new per-queuestatistics which helps us to get the length
> ofqueueinstantly and know all pops and pushes that we have done.

> This is very useful in production and make us take full control of our

> application data flow. We design thestatscarefully, and no

> performance loss.
>
> Here's ChangeLog of version 0.2.0:
>
> 2009-12-09 Steve Chu <stv...@gmail.com>

> * the multiplequeuemap code is rewritten, now we support instant
> per-queuestatistics. telnet and type 'statsqueue' command for
> detail.
> * tools are added for 'statsqueue', check 'tools/'.

> * a new option(-R) is added to remove useless transaction log automatically.
> * some code clearup
>
> Download the latest version from:http://code.google.com/p/memcacheq/downloads/list
>

> MemcacheQ is a damn simplequeueservice over memcache protocol. It

> has powered the firm message backend in Sina
> MicroBlog(新浪微博)(http://t.sina.com.cn) which is a very popular
> micro-blogging service in China.
>

> Checkhttp://memcachedb.org/memcacheq/for more detail.

> Remember that version 0.2.0 is not compatible with preview version,

> you should switch the message producer to newqueuesystem, then

sc

Dec 28, 2009, 10:03:31 PM12/28/09
to memcachedb

On Dec 25, 8:13 pm, Andriy Bohdan <a.boh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> What does these values in stats acutally mean ?  Sorry, I couldn't
> find an answer in docs.
>
> I got the following statistics for one queue:
>
> stats queue
> STAT tbl_hit 130357/130350
> END

The first value is the total of your pushed messages since your
created this queue, while the second one is total of popped messages.
The delta of this two value(here 130357-130350=7) is your current
queue length.

> Does this mean that there are 7 elements left in queue?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 9 дек, 13:16, Steve Chu <stv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi, all,
>
> > Long time since last release, anyway we got new release. This version
> > supports the new per-queuestatistics which helps us to get the length
> > ofqueueinstantly and know all pops and pushes that we have done.
> > This is very useful in production and make us take full control of our
> > application data flow. We design thestatscarefully, and no
> > performance loss.
>
> > Here's ChangeLog of version 0.2.0:
>
> > 2009-12-09 Steve Chu <stv...@gmail.com>
> > * the multiplequeuemap code is rewritten, now we support instant
> > per-queuestatistics. telnet and type 'statsqueue' command for
> > detail.
> > * tools are added for 'statsqueue', check 'tools/'.
> > * a new option(-R) is added to remove useless transaction log automatically.
> > * some code clearup
>
> > Download the latest version from:http://code.google.com/p/memcacheq/downloads/list
>
> > MemcacheQ is a damn simplequeueservice over memcache protocol. It
> > has powered the firm message backend in Sina
> > MicroBlog(新浪微博)(http://t.sina.com.cn) which is a very popular
> > micro-blogging service in China.
>

> > Checkhttp://memcachedb.org/memcacheq/formore detail.

mark

Jan 19, 2010, 9:51:13 PM1/19/10
to memc...@googlegroups.com, memca...@googlegroups.com
2009/12/9 Steve Chu <stv...@gmail.com>:

> * a new option(-R) is added to remove useless transaction log automatically.
is this option also available in memcachedb? if not can you make it available?

> Remember that version 0.2.0 is not compatible with preview version,
> you should switch the message producer to new queue system, then
> consume the messages from old version before you consume the new

is the q producer and consumer api different from the previous
version? can you tell what the difference is?
thanks a lot