[memcachedb] faq:memcacheDB 的key可以是二进制的?

Zoom.Quiet

Apr 28, 2010, 9:27:34 PM4/28/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
公司在对比 K/V 方案,现实需要是我们的所有数据的特征是二进制的,
是否支持 key 是二进制数据的值对? memcacheDB ?

--
http://zoomquiet.org 人生苦短? Pythonic!

Kamol

Apr 29, 2010, 12:55:26 AM4/29/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zoom.Quiet,

Could You please, post Your question in English?
Most of guys here will understand English,
if You have problem with language, please, let us know. :)

With regards,
Ka.

Zoom.Quiet

Apr 29, 2010, 1:09:01 AM4/29/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
2010/4/29 Kamol <kamo...@gmail.com>:
> Could You please, post Your question in English?
> Most of guys here will understand English,

sure ;-)
MemcacheDB can understand binary format key ?
because in us business,
the K->V is binary file->action code/string/...

Kamol

Apr 29, 2010, 1:33:16 AM4/29/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zoom.Quiet,

Actually, memcachedb follows the memcache protocol
that it requires 250 max char and value is binary.

Thanks for Your question in English.

Ka.

Steve Chu

Apr 29, 2010, 1:45:46 AM4/29/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
MemcacheDB does not support binary protocol yet. In binary protocol,
it allows 65536 max chars with any special char.

2010/4/29 Kamol <kamo...@gmail.com>:
--
Best Regards,

Steve Chu
http://stvchu.org

Zoom.Quiet

Apr 29, 2010, 1:46:58 AM4/29/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
2010/4/29 Kamol <kamo...@gmail.com>:
> Actually, memcachedb follows the memcache protocol
> that it requires 250 max char and value is binary.

Muuu... i gusse core as BDB can usage binary format key;
BTW:
witch K/V DB can usage binary format key ?

夏清然 Xia Qingran

Apr 29, 2010, 1:51:36 AM4/29/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
I think you can take SHA 512 digest for your binary data key and SHA 512 Hexdigest is 128 chars.

Zoom.Quiet

Apr 29, 2010, 1:59:50 AM4/29/10
to memca...@googlegroups.com
2010/4/29 夏清然 Xia Qingran <qingr...@gmail.com>:
> I think you can take SHA 512 digest for your binary data key and SHA 512
> Hexdigest is 128 chars.

sure, bur this need computing and kill time;
for high behaviour,
we need direct understand in K/V