watch mutations

Javier Arias Losada

May 25, 2022, 10:24:02 AM5/25/22
to memcached
Hello memcached users,

I've been testing the "watch mutations" functionality, and according to a quick test it does not seem to generate the event for some operations as incr, decr and touch. To have better context, Is that intentional?

I'm interested in watching all commands that affect data contents and its durability (TTL) in production. Would it make sense for "watch mutations" to publish events also for touch and all other operations that change either contents or durability of data?

If so, is it a reasonable request to the contributors?
If not, I would be happy to contribute it but I have no experience working in C... and less with such a sophisticated codebase. Would it be a welcome contribution? and most importantly if I was to try to do it... would it be an easy one?

Thank you very much
Best regards
Javier Arias Losada