php 8.1 XAMPP Win10 TS x64 - problem with installation

Slobodan Jovanovic

Jul 26, 2022, 12:35:55 PM7/26/22
to memcached
When I tried to install memchached on php 8.1 XAMPP Win10 TS x64 i got messeage:

"PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcached' (tried: C:\\xampp81\\php\\ext\\memcached (The specified module could not be found), C:\\xampp81\\php\\ext\\php_memcached.dll (The specified module could not be found)) in Unknown on line 0"

I use: php_memcached-3.2.0-8.1-ts-vs16-x64

Does anyone know what the problem is?
I've tried everything but I always get the same error.

Best regards,
SJ

Rishad Fehta

Aug 2, 2022, 5:31:39 PM8/2/22
to memcached
A few things. I've recently gone through the effort of installing memcached on Windows for Apache and PHP and learned a few lessons.
1. page and object cache via php_memcache is slower by a factor of 2-3x than disk cache, on SSD
2. memcached hangs soon after becoming hit. In my case it varied from a few seconds to a few minutes, but generally once there were a couple thousand hits and misses it froze. YMMV
3. This repo has the DLLs that you need: https://github.com/nono303/PHP-memcache-dll
HTH

arafa mohamed

Jan 1, 2023, 3:46:20 AM1/1/23