memcached-windows installation issue

Kaixing

Jul 24, 2022, 5:33:07 PMJul 24
to memcached
Hi guys
I am a newbie to Memcached.
I want to use https://github.com/jefyt/memcached-windows since this seems the easiest way to install Memcached in Windows OS without too many other requirements. My end goal is to use Memcached with my other C++-based Windows OS application developments.
The readme file indicates there should be an exe that existed in the codebase, but there is no exe can be found. Did anyone use memcached-windows before? I am assuming maybe i need to build exe myself but there is no documentation can be found in memcahed-windows at all. please help~

Thanks

Voman Kumar

Aug 12, 2022, 11:40:23 AM (2 days ago) Aug 12
to memcached
Hi All,

Is there any updates on this.
How can we setup the Memcached for working with C++ over windows.
Any blog or any reference will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Voman Kumar

Jefty Negapatan

Aug 12, 2022, 12:03:27 PM (2 days ago) Aug 12
to memcached
Hi,

The latest pre-built binaries can be found here: https://github.com/jefyt/memcached-windows/releases/tag/1.6.7_mingw
Unfortunately, it's already outdated and I haven't had the time to merge the latest upstream, v1.6.16 as of this time.

For some docs like how to build which is also outdated (e.g. still refers to bintray for static deps), you can refer to https://github.com/jefyt/memcached-windows/wiki.
You should still be able to build it without using static deps, build all from source including deps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jefty