Using membrane with Oracle

Pedro Lopes

May 11, 2011, 8:28:19 AM5/11/11
to membrane-registry
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Membrane to WebLogic with an Oracle db.
Everything goes fine until the point where hibernate is trying to
create the database objects (I think). The first error that happens is
this:

ERROR execute, could not complete schema update
org.hibernate.MappingException: Dialect does not support identity key
generation
at org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect.getIdentityColumnString(Dialect.java:
571)
at org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect.getIdentityColumnString(Dialect.java:
561)
at org.hibernate.mapping.Table.sqlCreateString(Table.java:415)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.generateSchemaUpdateScript(Configuration.java:
989)
at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:
187)
at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:
346)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:
1327)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:
867)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.orm.hibernate.cfg.GrailsAnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(GrailsAnnotationConfiguration.java:
121)

Then there are more as it can't find the tables it's expecting (I can
post the whole log somewhere if it helps).

I had to set the java system property
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect, otherwise
hibernate doesn't work at all. I also tried with Oracle10gDialect but
it made no difference.

So, is anyone out there using membrane with Oracle?

Thanks,
Pedro

Heckel, Jeffery S.

May 11, 2011, 10:01:49 AM5/11/11
to membrane-registry
I have it running with Oracle but had to modify domain objects to get it running.
Here is an example from the Statistic.groovy:

@Id
@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO)
Long id

It was:

@Id
@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
Long id

Hi,

Thanks,
Pedro

--
Sie haben diese Nachricht erhalten, da Sie der Google Groups-Gruppe membrane-registry beigetreten sind.
Wenn Sie Nachrichten in dieser Gruppe posten möchten, senden Sie eine E-Mail an membrane...@googlegroups.com.

Pedro Lopes

May 11, 2011, 10:49:05 AM5/11/11
to membrane-registry